by SixRoses

Will EE 4g work with these bands?: 4G: B1 FDD-LTE, B3 FDD-LTE, B7 FDD-LTE, B20

Will EE 4g work with these bands?: 4G: B1 FDD-LTE, B3 FDD-LTE, B7 FDD-LTE, B20 

3 REPLIES 3
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Will EE 4g work with these bands?: 4G: B1 FDD-LTE, B3 FDD-LTE, B7 FDD-LTE, B

EE's base layer is B3 FDD, with primary capacity add of B7 FDD. B20 is mostly VoLTE retricted but it also is present. EE has not refarmed UMTS 2100 spectrum to LTE publicly yet.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Will EE 4g work with these bands?: 4G: B1 FDD-LTE, B3 FDD-LTE, B7 FDD-LTE, B

@Peter_C wrote:

B20 is mostly VoLTE retricted but it also is present. 

I've been on BT Mobile for a year and recently switched to EE. I must say I've never been connected to 800MHz. Assuming it's not available to non-VoLTE phones (/non-EE phones, which I had till recently) and/or my area has good 1800MHz signal... is 800MHz restricted to VoLTE devices only?

With regards to the OP's post, I think B3, B7 and B20 are the only 4G bands that are currently in operation in the UK by all networks, so there is no UK network using Band 1 (correct me if I'm wrong).

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

BT Mobile does not support VoLTE yet so no suprise you've never seen B20.

Having good L18 would also preclude.

Band 1 LTE has been in use in the UK widely for more than a year on Vodafone: VF L18+L21, Vodafone 2016 Review.

O2 also has also got a live deployment of Band 1 LTE: O2 L21 (B1 4G) and O2 UK 2016 Tech roundup.

3 allegedly has L21 too. 

Written editorial here: https://jmcomms.com/2017/01/25/guest-editorial-how-4g-improved-in-2016-and-will-turn-the-corner-in-2... and www.pedroc.co.uk and also Wikipedia's MNO entries.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.