by moelnadi Investigator
Investigator

Wifi on Underground - iPhone iOS 11.4 won't connect to Virgin Media Wifi

Hi, I am having issues connecting to Underground Wifi.   It used to work much smoother few months back, now it is a hit and miss, then last week it stopped completely after changing my handset although i am using the same EE no and SIM.

I am on iPhone8, iOS 11.4.1, logged in normally to EE app, monthly contract.

However when trying to logging in to Virgin Media Wifi in the underground (that should log in automatically), I can't anymore.

Here is what i've tried so far.

1. I had reset my password through sending the EEwifi SMS reset message to 9527 when overground,
  2. When trying that new password the Virgin Media authentication process doesn't work - it either asks for username and password several times and refuses the new correct password
  3. Or one time i got a "System Error 1000 from Virgin Media authentication page  that it can't load the page. Please ensure you have cookies enabled on your device".  (which i think uses Safari?)
  4. I've called EE customer support and removed the Wifi service completely and re-installed, two days later still the same issue
  5. I've cleared all Safari cookies and history, with no avail
  6. I've Reset the iPhone network settings from my phone settings, Restarted with no impact as well
  7. I've double checked that cookies are NOT blocked in my iOS settings uner Safari settings.  I am not using VPN or any ad blocker, Still no impact on the issue

It looks to me like an incompatibility issue, or SSL issues with iPhone iOS software or Safari from Virgin Media authentication pages?   maybe cookies are not working properly for EE customers?

Any ideas? anyone else with the same problem?

4 REPLIES 4
by moelnadi Investigator
Investigator

Re: cannot connect to EE WiFi Auto on Underground

Hi, I am having issues connecting to Underground Wifi.   It used to work much smoother few months back on both Virgin and EE wifi underground hotspots (depending on the station), now it is a hit and miss, then last week it stopped completely after changing my handset although i am using the same EE no and SIM.

I am on iPhone8, iOS 11.4.1, logged in normally to EE app, and on monthly contract.

However when trying to logging in to Virgin Media Wifi in the underground (that should log in automatically), I can't anymore.  Today, sometimes EE picks up sporaddically.

Here is what i've tried so far:

1.      I had reset my password through sending the EEwifi SMS reset message to 9527 when over ground,
  2.      When trying that new password the Virgin Media authentication process doesn't work - it either asks for username and password several times and refuses the new correct password
  3.      Or one time i got a "System Error 1000 from Virgin Media authentication page  that it can't load the page. Please ensure you have cookies enabled on your device".  (which i think uses Safari?)
  4.      I've called EE customer support and removed the Wifi service completely and re-installed, two days later still the same issue
  5.      I've cleared all Safari cookies and history, with no avail
  6.      I've Reset the iPhone network settings from my phone settings, Restarted with no impact as well
  7.      I've double checked that cookies are NOT blocked in my iOS settings uner Safari settings.  I am not using VPN or any ad blocker, Still no impact on the issue

It looks to me like an incompatibility issue, or SSL issues with iPhone iOS software or Safari from Virgin Media authentication pages?   maybe cookies are not working properly for EE customers?

Any ideas? anyone else with the same problem?

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Wifi on Underground - iPhone iOS 11.4 won't connect to Virgin Media Wifi

Hi @moelnadi,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems using WiFi on the underground.

Please get in touch so our technical team can make sure it's enabled on your account.

Thanks

James

by Darkspark88
Explorer

I have just joined EE and am in the almost exact same situation. I’ve gone through all the same steps. Can’t log into the EE auto WiFi or virgin media. 

Currently working through this with tech 1 support but it seems something that EE needs to fix

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Darkspark88,

Thanks for joining the EE Community. Smiley Happy

You've done the right thing in contacting technical support.

They'll make sure you get connected.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.