by Happygirl_999
Explorer

Why is my data going so fast it never used to like use to cover me for the month

I I have 2 gb a month it used to cover me for hole month but recently it’s been gone the first couple weeks of month and I have none then for rest month what’s can I do like plz help 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my data going so fast it never used to like use to cover me for the m

Hi @Happygirl_999

Have you checked your phone data app to establish what your phone is using? This is normally under settings. 

Data is both ways, so sending and receiving. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Re: Why is my data going so fast it never used to like use to cover me for the m

Hi @Happygirl_999 and welcome to the community.

Have you started using apps that you never used to use?

i.e music streaming or video streaming?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you got apps running in background? You should prevent them doing so. Also only do software updates over WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've recently found that my fiancee didn't use to close the TuneIn radio app properly on her new Android phone, resulting in her phone basically streaming constantly throughout the day... next morning when we resumed listening in the car, it would continue the previous morning's programme...!

She is still benefitting from Three's unlimited plan, but in cases such as the OP's, it might be worth checking such things as streaming and other similar apps that have not been closed properly (either through their own 'exit' button or by swiping them sideways).

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.