Why is my 4G not working properly?

Ok first of I have done the following already:

- Turned my phone off and on.

- Turned my mobile Data off and on.

- Reset Network Setting.

- Taken out my Sim.

- Tried my sim in a different phone. 

- Full Factory Reset.

So my 4G is working but not fully, I cannot access most internet services such as my email, Facebook or messaging apps. But I can use Safari to access websites, I’m on my iPhone SE on 4G typing this.

I have had this issue for almost a week now and I assumed it would eventually get fixed like most network issues but no. The staff in my local EE store couldn’t help me and neither could the technical staff on 150. 

It’s annoyingly that I cannot use my 13GB of data that I’m paying for that I will lose this Friday when my contract month ends and I go into September’s data. 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why is my 4G not working properly?

Hi @JoeMcCready,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried changing your Content Lock settings?

Thanks

James

by timobru
Explorer

Replying to a post because I have not yet found where to raise my own question in this community.  Generally I find the EE service poor - frequently "unable to connect" even though others around me can, and I have 1 or 2 (sometimes even 3) bars on the signal monitor on my iPhone.   This can change without my doing anything to the phone setting so I assume it is not those that are the problem.    At home I use phone over wifi because I live in a blackspot, but that is fine. It is out-and-about, even in London, that I have problems (I did not expect much of a signal in the Shetlands, but in town at least they have a community wifi which is great).   And if I were to switch to Virgin or another supplier using the EE network, would the service be the same, or deterioriate (simple people like me would assume no change if it is the same network)

by

Hi @timobru,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please check out our Network Status Checker. This useful tool allows you to check for network problems in your area and report new problems.

Hope this helps.

James

by timobru
Explorer

Hi James, thanks but doesn’t really help, does it when out and about as I need a connection to check the network? Like I said, at home pone on (Virgin broadband) Wifi works because I know there is a poor signal

Cheers

Tim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
by

Hi @timobru.

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me.

Katie 🙂

by JoeMcCready
Explorer

Still no solution, no one at EE seems to know what the problem is but they still expect me to pay for a service I can barely use. 

by

Hi there @JoeMcCready

Thanks for coming back here.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions