by mwitheridge Investigator
Investigator

Why is EE such a rip off? They steal back additional data at the end of month

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is EE such a rip off? They steal back additional data at the end of mont

@mwitheridge: No, they don't! They allocate you a fixed amount of data for your billing period. It's time-limited. Use it or you lose it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Why is EE such a rip off? They steal back additional data at the end of mont

Just like most other networks.

If you feel that way go to the networks that roll over like Sky. See how much you have to pay for the allowance then.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @mwitheridge

Are you pay monthly or pay as you go?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by mwitheridge Investigator
Investigator

Pay monthly, I totally get the fact that you have an allowance each month and it renews at the end but if you buy additional data they still take back any unused  which is a bit of a rip off. It's mine I paid for it!! Let me keep it!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Capture.JPG

All data add-ons except for the 1st recurring monthly one are End of Bill Cycle!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for confirming this @mwitheridge

With all pay monthly additional data add-ons when your refresh date arrives any data that has not been used will be lost. 

Do you often purchase more data? you could speak with customer services and look to increase your package.

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions