by Catherine27 Investigator
Investigator

Why does my phone not work when I have 3G or 4G?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why does my phone not work when I have 3G or 4G?

Read more
@Catherine27   On the device go to Settings>General> scroll down and look for PROFILE if it's there delete it.    
8 REPLIES 8
by georgereading Established Contributor
Established Contributor

hi @Catherine27 any more info about your phone,area where you are? Also check on the network status about any ongoing upgrade works?

Investigator

Thanks 4 the reply; my I phone 5s works perfectly well when I have wifi but just not when I'm out and about having 3G or 4G.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Catherine27   On the device go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  

This will do exactly what it says, it is network refresh but it will also wipe your Wi-Fi passwords, nothing else will be wiped on the device,  So you will need to re-enter you wifi passwords after do this.  

On a side note what do you mean doesn't work when you have 3G/4G when outside do you mean you can't make calls or send taxes or none of your apps work unless on Wi-Fi? 

Have you allowed your apps to use cellular data if that is your issue ?  It's under Settings>Mobile Data.   Scroll down and any toggle that is highlighting a green background is enabled  to use cellular data.    

Investigator

Hi. Thank you 4 the reply. I've already done that twice that's why I'm really confused.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi,  

• Are you pay monthly or PAYG? 
  • Where did you purchase your iPhone and how long have you owned it. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hi thank u for replying I've had my iPhone 5s a while, but I moved from Vodafone to EE in November and it's been since then that it hasn't worked properly.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Read more
@Catherine27   On the device go to Settings>General> scroll down and look for PROFILE if it's there delete it.    
Investigator

Hi thank u so much for your reply. I have been and deleted so hopefully it will work now, thank u ever so much.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions