Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Why do I have such little data?

I have just spoken to an EE customer service rep on the phone and she was so lovely but unfortunately could not help me with my problem. I purchased my phone in store and am charged £54 pm for my Huawei p30 Pro (with damage cover) and only have a data allowance of 1GB. My friend informed me that I was being ripped off and sent me a link to the EE website and he was right. On the website for the same phone and contract EE states that the customer will recieve 10GB of data. Can anybody tell me why I have been given so little data or how to amend it? I've been a loyal EE customer for years and, although it's only data and not the end of the world, I feel really let down. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why do I have such little data?

@RebekahBerry  by the sounds of it you’ve got your contract just before EE did a price refresh.   Unfortunately you always find a better offer once you get the device. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RebekahBerry  EE are all allowed to change the tariff prices and what you get with your allowances on the tariffs.  At the time you purchased this that is what you agreed to. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I understand that but going from 1GB of data to 10GB of data in just over a month is a hell of a leap. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RebekahBerry  to make older devices more appealing one way of doing this is changing the tariff allowances

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@RebekahBerry 

The current equivalent of the deal I'm on, actually has less data allowance than I have now - demonstrating that packages and deals change over time.

You pick the best deal at the time you choose, and prices may go up or down over your minimum term.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Again I'm aware of that and completely understand but this isn't an older device, it's still the latest model. I only signed my contract just under two months ago. Surely it won't have gone from as little as 1GB all the way up to 10GB in under eight weeks?? 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. I should have done more research before signing my contract. I'll remember to do that next time. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@RebekahBerry  by the sounds of it you’ve got your contract just before EE did a price refresh.   Unfortunately you always find a better offer once you get the device. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Oh right ok, that makes sense. Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. So annoying, haha, but can't be helped I suppose. Thanks again. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.