by Sunrisinggirl48 Investigator
Investigator

Why can't I leave voicemail messages from my Nokia 5 when using 4G?

I can't leave voicemail messages from my Nokia 5 phone, but can receive them, when connected via 4G. However I can if I switch the phone back to 3G! Why is this and when are EE/Nokia going to fix this problem? My local phone shop said they hadn't come across the problem before. However, when looking on internet forums this is a known problem.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can't I leave voicemail messages from my Nokia 5 when using 4G?

@Sunrisinggirl48  Can you give me a few links to these internet forums as I can not find anything about this issue.    If you can not leave a voicemail what happens?  What do you hear ?   Has the receiving device got voicemail enabled?  Is this X-network?  To what network or is it all networks?  To what device are you call too ?  Is that device in the UK or abroad?    You need to give more information as to what the  circumstances are. 

Investigator

Sorry but you are asking me more questions than I understand!!! I googled my problem and found a number of links I could click onto. If I switch my Nokia 5 back to 3G I can leave voicemail to mobile and landline numbers I have tested. This was the advice I found online, I tried it and it works. All I want to know is why 4G doesn’t work.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sunrisinggirl48  If you call someone do you have any issues? 

And 

Where did you get this device from ?  

Investigator

No I do not have any problems when making calls, but instead of being able to leave a voicemail message if the person doesn't answer the phone just 'cuts off' after about 5 rings. I can also receive calls and voicemail messages. I bought the phone from Carphone Warehouse 6 months and they cannot help me. My local branch say they have not come across this issue before. They tested the phone in store and saw what happened.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sunrisinggirl48

This is very strange. Does this happen with all call to voicemails, on all carrier or just those voicemail numbers on EE?

Also if you got your phone from CPW then it's won't have the forced VOLTE network setting which is in EE branded handsets, so when you make a call your network will drop to 3G. 

I would firstly go into any EE store and obtain a new SIM just to rule out SIM related problems. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Sunrisinggirl48

Have you spoken to our technical support team to look further into this?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yes, all calls to all service providers, even to my own my landline! I have contacted EE and they are looking into my problem. The odd thing is when I switch my phone manually to 3G from 4G I can then leave voicemail messages. Very weird!

Investigator

Hi Lee,

Yes, I have emailed EE mobile support team and they have responded saying they will be looking into the problem.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sundrisinggirl48

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I will.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions