by svissloki Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why are NEW EE mobile and MINI WIFI customers not warned about known blackspots?

I have found a known black spot here in Edinburgh and it is large.  I estimate it to be around 8000 square feet! ...and surprisingly it is only 1 mile out of the Edinburgh City Center.

Once you step out of this black spot, 4GEE Max speeds are reached by celluar no problems and it is great.

I just want to know why the location map on the EE site does not mention this.  I had to hire a professional to check all this out.  He showed me a more accurate map of my house and the surrounding area which shows a HUGE black spot around it!

This is not acceptable, is this grounds for breaking a contract would you say ?

Any advice would really be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why are NEW EE mobile and MINI WIFI customers not warned about known blacksp

Hi, 

Do you receive any service whatsoever?

Have you checked your local network for issues

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why are NEW EE mobile and MINI WIFI customers not warned about known blacksp

Hi @svissloki

Could you get back to us answering @Northerner's questions?

We'll do our best to look into this.

Thanks

Chris

Valued Contributor

Hi Northerner, thanks for replying.

I do get a signal.  On my HTC One Mini2 I get zero bars indoors, sometimes I get 2/3 bars near the window.

With my 4GEE Mini WIFI, I get speeds of 1MBPS - 3MBPS ...this gets worse in the morning when everyone wakes up and on the way to work, then at night I might get a higher speed when everyone is sleeping or at late night.

I tested the speeds outside with my 4GEE mini WIFI ...and at the cafe out of the 'black spot' , I got speeds of up to 52MBPS!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi Christopher thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I regularly check the website for service conditions etc.

I have had these problems since I joined.

I am 100% sure its a black spot, since when I take the 4GEE mini WIFI router to outside of the 'black spot' it returns to the really hight speeds that were promised.

THere is a park across the street from my house, and when I took the router there - the speed shot right up to normal 4GEE MAX.

I am just really upset that I am in this black spot, but was not warned about before I took out a 24-month contract!.

by

Hi @svissloki

Thank you for getting back to @Northerner and I.

As you're able to get an indoor signal (even though the speed does not sound great), it wouldn't necessarily be classed as a black spot.

I recommend having a chat to our technical support team to see if there is anything that can be done.

They have access to a system that can check the performance of the masts and I'm sure they'll be able to help further.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info guys, I will go speak with the technical team to see if there is anything we can do about this.

All the best.

by

Please come back and let us know what happens, @svissloki.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.