by tasmith

Who do I contact to propose a mast location on land my school owns?

My school is a mobile 'black spot' and offers a perfect location for a mast.  Could you let me know who to contact to make a proposal please?

9 REPLIES 9
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Who do I contact to propose a mast location on land my school owns?

Networks operate with a precautionary approach with regards to building masts in the immediate vicinity of schools and public buildings. That's not to say that public buildings don't have masts on them because many do subject to safety requirements. 

The unfortunate reality is that while you may want better signal and a mast to improve the signal for your school but do the other people living in your area? The level of hostility by people towards masts remains generally very high. So if EE did build a mast, is it likely to be bulldozed in the middle of a night by a resident as an example. Might sound crazy but some people are so utterly against masts. 

Then there's the UK planning permission process. I wouldn't be suprised if EE planned a mast that would improve coverage but they knew it would get rejected or maybe they submitted and it did.

Anyway, this forum is very actively observed by EE e,ployees who I'm sure will get in contact.

by
EE Employee

Hi @tasmith and welcome to the community.

I will certainly look into this for you and get back with some details asap.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Everyone wants mobile coverage, but no-one wants mobile masts!

by macaw
Visitor

Hi Lee_H

I just wondered if you had been able to find our any details - and if so I would be grateful if you could pass them on to me as well.

Our village is in a similiar blackspot with no coverage on any network. I run a community building in the village and we would too be interested to speak to any of the providers with regards to siting a mast on our property.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @macaw

Welcome to the community and thank you for the interest in having a mast on your land.

I have sent you a private message, please reply to it with the information that I have requested and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Chris 🙂

by PeterESutton
Explorer

Please can you contact me regarding locating a mast. I live in a rural area with poor mobile reception and am responsible for a local tower that may be suitable. Thank you, Peter.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PeterESutton  This is a public forum so unfortunately no one here will contact you about a mast installation.  You need to contact EE directly yourself 

by PeterESutton
Explorer

OK - Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your interest, @PeterESutton.

I've replied to your private message. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.