by brookhouse Investigator
Investigator

Which 4G am I on?

I am on a EE 12m SIM that went off contract a couple of years ago.

How can I tell what speed of 4G I am on?

Would I automatically be given the best available, or do I need to ask for a faster one, or even pay for it?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Which 4G am I on?

@brookhouse   That’s going to depend on the deal you took out at the time.  If you want the fastest possible speed and your not on it now you’ll need to take out a new contract/upgrade to a tariff that has this speed.  

Look on your My EE app and it should say what plan type your on.   Please come back here and inform us what it says. 

Investigator

It was EE 12m SIM started October 2014. I get 2GB but the app (as the website) doesn't tell me what speed it is.

Should I be able to find it somewhere in the app?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can download an app and test your speed, I use the Speedtest by Okla.

In the app, have you clicked on Plans and Add-Ons,? You could also log-in the website and try there.

Investigator

Sure, I can test the actual speed I'm getting, but as I understand it EE offer three different speed level products and I want to know which one I am on, as part of my price comparisons.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If you cannot find out, then ring customer service and they should be able to let you know.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The only way to check, beyond visiting known high throughput sites with a modern flagship modem device and saturating the downlink, is to have a rooted Qualcomm Android device and then find out the AMBR using an app like Network Signal Guru. 

That, or as said by others, customer services should be able to advise further.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.