by Ste30 Investigator
Investigator

When does your much delayed data gifting start?

A note from EE:

Data Gifting has now launched. For information pop over to our comprehensive post here in Community which has everything you need to know. 

If you have further questions click here and then tap reply at the bottom and we'll do our best to help you out. 

When does data gifting start

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: When does your much delayed data gifting start?

A note from EE:

Data Gifting has now launched. For information pop over to our comprehensive post here in Community which has everything you need to know. 

If you have further questions click here and then tap reply at the bottom and we'll do our best to help you out. 

@Ste30  I can say it’s been tested and  looked into but at no point should customer services told you about it as no date has been fixed for this to be made available that’s if it will be made available.  

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ste30   At present there is no information on this and there is at present no indication that ever will start.  No announcement has been made by EE that this feature does or will exist. 

May I ask how you found out about this.  

by Ste30 Investigator
Investigator

When doing a contract renewal I was told that shortly you’re introducing a service  if numbers were on same online account and running out some of that data could be gifted onto another number on the account. that was 2mth ago and still doesn’t show on my EE app so assuming much delayed

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

A note from EE:

@Ste30  I can say it’s been tested and  looked into but at no point should customer services told you about it as no date has been fixed for this to be made available that’s if it will be made available.  

by Ste30 Investigator
Investigator

Accepted a new 24mth contract on the basis of this being available if I needed to move data. Will ring EE to discuss what they’ll do as mis-lead me to get a sale. Obviously this not a forum issue. 

by Stewartjane Investigator
Investigator

I was told when I took out a new contract last week that this was in place hence that's why I now have a third contract with EE so that I could receive data from my partners phone is this not the case as I will cancel whole I have the chance? 

Investigator

I was sold a further contract after my phone broke before contract up on the premise that this was in place so I could take minimal data contract out and use data from partner reports gifting which was obviously a lie! Did you take this further? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

New update to the My EE app now includes Data Gifting.  

0ECED8C6-FDD9-4201-AB25-6F42A3B1A79F.png

7AF477A2-6A25-4F49-90BE-7CB9CB001830.png

D23B65AA-6C47-4007-9424-A65E1771F36E.png

Investigator

Typical only yesterday we complained about this and they put us on a fabulous data sharer plan which worked out a lot cheaper but told us this was still well delayed lol 😂 do they know anything at 150????

Investigator

This is definitely not on my app??? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stewartjane  Customer services would not of known that an app update was coming unless they get informed about it.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stewartjane  Have you updated the app ?  

What device are you using ?  This is the iOS version I don’t know if Android have this update yet. 

And I think it will only show if there is more than one device on the account. And I don’t think sharing tariffs will have this as there is only 1 allowance so you can not gift a allowance that the user can already use. 

Investigator

I had iphone which broke last week was sold a second contract but less data told could use partners data recovery gifting so seemed all ok

Then found gifting didn't exist

Called to complain about miselling only yesterday she cancelled new contract and put us on shared at an extra cost of only £9 per month as opposed to two contracts£25 + £18 until my first ran out in March so all good we now share my partners 9gb but then I saw this and only yesterday was told that the gifting would not be around for a long long time if ever lol I now have experience android as iPhone been a pain since got lol 😂 thank you I'll keep looking but no longer need it as this worked out a lot cheaper 

Investigator

I had iphone which broke last week was sold a second contract but less data told could use partners data recovery gifting so seemed all ok

Then found gifting didn't exist

Called to complain about miselling only yesterday she cancelled new contract and put us on shared at an extra cost of only £9 per month as opposed to two contracts£25 + £18 until my first ran out in March so all good we now share my partners 9gb but then I saw this and only yesterday was told that the gifting would not be around for a long long time if ever lol I now have experience android as iPhone been a pain since got lol thank you I'll keep looking but no longer need it as this worked out a lot cheaper 

by jackoptfc

Anyone know if a fix has been put in place for this?

error message each time trying and customer services simply say the tech team are investigating but can’t get a personal response 

by FaceForRadio
Explorer

I’ve also had the error messages since Monday when trying to gift data between devices. I’m running the latest app, the gift data option is there but has never worked.

Customer services asked me to delete the app, clear history and reinstall, still not working! 🙁

875DEB0C-B75A-4985-AFF1-9663C1AD2E68.png

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @FaceForRadio

Welcome to the community.

If the deletion of the app didn't work, please contact our customer service team to let them know.

They can then try some other troubleshooting with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by FaceForRadio
Explorer

Hi Chris,

I've spoken on two occassions with support, we've gone through all troubleshooting and still the problem persists. Support think that the problem may be a teething issue and told to await for an app update! 

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions