by waveyx Investigator
Investigator

When I joined EE I could use WhatsApp and Facebook messenger now I can't, why?

When I first joined EE I used to be able to use WhatsApp and Facebook messenger using 4G, now I can't connect to either of these unless I'm connected via wifi, why is this?

i haven't changed anything on my phone and I still can't connect to these apps when I have maximum signal. Friends on other networks have no issues, even with weak signals. Is it just me or is it the network?

Not happy!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: When I joined EE I could use WhatsApp and Facebook messenger now I can't, wh

@waveyx In Settings>Mobile  Data when your scroll down are these app allowed to use cellular data ?  The toggle should show green. 

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Employee

Re: When I joined EE I could use WhatsApp and Facebook messenger now I can't, wh

Good Afternoon @waveyx

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having issues with some Apps.

Have you tried deleting a re-downloading the Apps?

Also can you access the internet OK on your device?

Many Thanks!

Karen. Smiley Happy​​​​​​​

by waveyx Investigator
Investigator

Can access the internet just fine. Facebook and loads of other apps work just fine, just seem to have issues with those apps?

Cheers
Dave
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @waveyx,

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the Apps as suggested by @Karen_C?

Thanks

James

by waveyx Investigator
Investigator

Done, WhatsApp still won't work without wifi!

Cheers
Dave
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @waveyx,

What happens when you try to send a message via WhatsApp?

Do you get a particular error message?

What type of phone are you using?

Thanks

James

by waveyx Investigator
Investigator

When I open WhatsApp it tries logging in the I get a message saying it can't find a network and to connect via wifi.

Using iPhone 6s

Cheers
Dave
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@waveyx In Settings>Mobile  Data when your scroll down are these app allowed to use cellular data ?  The toggle should show green. 

by waveyx Investigator
Investigator

Chris_B,

thanks. That worked a treat, just wish you'd been the first solution, would have saved a lot of hassle 😁

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@waveyx  I did see your post yesterday just after you posted it but I didn't have time to reply (sorry).   Got there in the end though.  Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions