by Cjg1980 Investigator
Investigator

WhatsApp and Snapchat not working

Hello, having looked through the forum and used all the advice given, WhatsApp and Snapchat still refuse to work over mobile data to upload or download any images. I'm on a personal account, checked/ changed APN settings, cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled the apps, tried my O2 SIM in the phone as well (which works fine) oh and factory reset the phone which I won't be doing again. Without having to spend ages on the phone can anyone else come up with any ideas even though I believe it's a setting on my account?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: WhatsApp and Snapchat not working

Do you have a data allowance with EE & is Mobile Data switched ON on your phone?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Cjg1980 Investigator
Investigator

15gb 4g max plan, messages by WhatsApp work fine, pictures and videos however don't. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

On whatsapp under settings - data usage have you got all data ticked under media auto download? 

What phone do you have? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Cjg1980 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, everything is set to work on WiFi and mobile data, with an O2 SIM card works fine but the ee SIM card no media sends or receives. Handset is a Huawei P10 plus. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cjg1980

We have had no reports of other users unable to use these apps.

It seems you have done every troubleshoot possible.

Have you spoken to our technical team at all?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.