by Meganharris1
Explorer

WHY IS MY DATA NOT WORKING FOR SOCIAL MEDIA

My data is not working for social media and some apps but is working for the internet? I’ve reset my network settings and have went into an EE store and they told me my settings looks fine so why am I having these problems? Been reading other posts about changing the content lock and I have recently done this and ever since there has been a problem, is this why?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: WHY IS MY DATA NOT WORKING FOR SOCIAL MEDIA

Could be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON . It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites. If just switching it OFF doesn't help, try switching it to STRICT, reboot your device and then switching it to OFF.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Meganharris1 

Can you go to your online EE account and set your content lock to STRICT and back OFF again, please! This should fix your issues! 🤗

Cheers 👍

BustaCrabb

by Meganharris1
Explorer

Thanks for your help! Do you know how I can start an online chat with someone? That’s how I changed the content settings before as it’s easier than phoning but the button for the chat never pops up anymore?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Meganharris1 

I'm just a user here in the community forum! And joined just over two weeks ago! Like you I'm also having to find my way round this EE website. 

I believe live chat is on one of the help pages somewhere, but it isn't available for PAYG customers like me!!

Cheers👍

BustaCrabb

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

If you are on contract, on the Get in Touch page open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat, when it's available during EE UK opening hours, looking like:

Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.