by jj357
Explorer

Voicemail Notifications havent gone away for 2 years (tried all forum solutions)

I have seen and read every single solution on here for removing voicemail notifications but I still get them on my phone.

I think the situation is a bit unusual in my case because I have always had a data only plan (max plan).

The problem originates from the fact that on my first max plan, I had voicemail activated and must have received a voice message shortly before my tariff changed a couple of years ago to a diff max plan that did not allow voicemail. 

Hence whenever I go through allthe regular solutions on here I get error messages/no change because the line associated with my number has no voicemail provision anymore and voicemail operations do not function as they would normally.

I have talked to customer services and technical multiple times but nobody has actually managed to help. Hiopefully I can find someone who knows what to do on here ! 🙂

I run my data sim on a Samsung S7 but I have tried to get rid of the issue by using other phones/MyFi boxes etc.

Thanks

John

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Voicemail Notifications havent gone away for 2 years (tried all forum soluti

Hi @jj357

Welcome to the community.

Usually calling and listening to a voicemail clears the indicator. If there aren't any messages there, calling and leaving one from another phone, then listening to it clears the indicator too.

It seems like you may need to ask our technical support team to re-enable the voicemail so that you can give that a try.

Is the indicator causing a problem on the phone?

Chris​​​​​​​

by jj357
Explorer

Re: Voicemail Notifications havent gone away for 2 years (tried all forum soluti

Thanks for your reply Chris

Its a problem because the voicemail notification cannot be disabled or muted without disabling all "phone/calls" notification functionality.

When I have spoken to technical in the past, I've been told that the voicemail feature is not available on my current tariff.

Apparently the voicemail notifications are tied to my line's number no my contract/tariff, hence I'm stuck. Is there any way you could explore my options conclusively with technical internally because I've never managed to get any resolution as a customer

Rgds

J

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your reply, @jj357

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.