by louie8888 Investigator
Investigator

Virgin Mobile . Vs EE

Hi can anyone help me i have virgin mobile that runs on ee will it be better to swap to ee 

At this time virgin is only £22.00 unlimited will i get the benefits Speed or will it be the same as virgin?????

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Virgin Mobile . Vs EE

Hi @louie8888 

Virgin Mobiles 4G service is limited compared to EE's 4G service in terms of speed you will also be able to access 4G & WiFi calling on EE PAYM.

Thanks,

David.

Investigator

Hi Are you saying ee wii be faster @?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@louie8888 yeah Virgin 4G connections have a speed cap on them.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @louie8888 

Virgin are also moving over to Vodafone in the next year or so. Your network connection is also only as fast as the hardware you are using.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Others have covered some of the differences already, but...

Virgin Mobile doesn't have access to 4G-calling or WiFi-calling, you'll only have 4G for data use. It means your voice calls all go over 2G or 3G, which may or may not be a problem to you, but... In practical terms it does mean you won't get 4G800 which can improve rural, indoor and fringe coverage without you even realising.

Depending whether you travel abroad, Virgin tends to be focused on short-haul and European destinations and there's been a few reports on their forums of problems connecting to networks abroad, especially beyond Europe.

They don't have call forwarding apart from voicemail, and sometimes texts to shortcodes can be iffy.

If you're looking for a budget service that's more affordable than EE's packages but does without the extras, that's where Virgin Mobile (and AsdaMobile, PlusNet etc etc) come in. But if you use any of the extra services, that's where the MVNO providers tend to fall down.

Investigator

Hi Thank you for that info as Vodafone  is very poor at place of work . So it sounds like EE could be good . Just there cost is  alot more then 3 or o2 But it sounds like its the way to go after 7at my home i only get 4meg but at midnight it  will go to 20 meg mad .

Thank you all for your help 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions