by castlemaster Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Very slow 4G download speeds, upload is fine

Hi All,

I've been very happy with my 4G modem + external antena since i had it installed a couple of months ago, but recently (past week) I've been noticing very slow speeds on the download. 

I've ran several speedests over the weekend and download speeds are only giving me roughly 5Mb/s each time, with upload staying around 50Mb/s as expected. There was some work carried out in the area the past week but I got a text saying it was fixed, it's just made it worse 😞

I've tried the 4GEE router as well as a mikrotik router which I have, same result each time.

Here are the stats for the current connection

EARFCN : 1667 (band 3, bandwidth 20Mhz)

RSRP : -83dBm

RSRQ : -10dB

SINR : 25dB

CQI : 14

3 REPLIES 3
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Very slow 4G download speeds, upload is fine

Your signal conditions are very good, much as would expect with the external antenna, which rules out anything wrong there.

What is the affected postcode (or the majority of it) so I can try and look up some information about the masts?

by castlemaster Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Peter,

It seems to have improved now, the postcode is LL53 8 but just getting 20Mb now, so I'm wondering if someone else on the same mast is just hogging all the download 🙂 Do they run QoS at all to sahre bandwidth?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @castlemaster,

Welcome back to the community.

Our engineers are aware of the degraded service in your area and they're looking into a solution.

While the next steps are being planned, you may see some fluctuation in your data speeds.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions