by MartynT
Explorer

VOIP System Smartphone App

Hi All, 

This is my first post, so please be gentle! 🙂 

I'm trying to assist a relative who has an EE Small Business Account. 

They have a Gamma Horizon VoIP Solution installed within their business. This comes with a app to download onto their iPhone, so they can use the business phone when away from the office. The app works perfectly on WiFi, but not on 4G. 

I use a different network provider, and have downloaded the app and tested, for me, it works both on WiFi and 4G. 

Apparantly, they have spoken with EE who have said that Content Lock is not enabled on the account, but the VoIP will not work. However, i've seen many posts on the forums here saying that VoIP does indeed work. 

I'm a little confused and would love to get this resolved. 

Can anyone offer any advice please? 

Thank You! 

8 REPLIES 8
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: VOIP System Smartphone App

Hi,

Without going in to too much detail, this is a known issue, and is due to EE's network configuration. It used to work, EE changed their APN settings, and now it doesn't. Still works with O2, Vodafone and Three tho'.

ewan

by MartynT
Explorer

Many thanks for the reply.

Do we know if there is a resolution planned by EE?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Pass.

EE are the much larger player, so would assume it's Gamma who need to catch-up, however their app works (and works well) for 3/4 and guess cost to re-develop is prohibative.

Sure someone far more technical will be along soon to explain it's linked to CGNAT or iPv6 or another equally confusing acronym.

ewan

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MartynT,

Welcome to the EE Community.

It could be that your VOIP provider hasn't enabled IPv6 support yet.

If you get in touch with them, they should be able to confirm.

Thanks

James

by MartynT
Explorer

Thanks for the replies, I've managed to resolve by adding a VPN into the mix. 🙂

by richardfoleher
Visitor

I was going to suggest that perhaps it is IP V6 related since it used to work fine until the change to IP V6

by ianpugh Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I went through months of the same problem. After various poor attempts to deflect the issue by technical support (IPV6, bad software, broken sim, trying on Android phones, blaming the VOIP provider) I finally got an admission it just does not work.

I think it was when I told them the same phone with the same sim with same software worked when I roamed abroad made them realise they had no argument left.

I was then told it was tough luck as they didn't promise to support VOIP explicitly. I said that on a business account, VOIP should be a given and that their agrument was akin to saying that if YouTube didn't work on ee's network it wasn't their problem either. 

Anyway, I got a 50% discount on buying myself out of the contract. O2 and Three work perfectly on VOIP so if it's an issue I suggest you vote with your feet.

by hiphype

Hello,

Thanks for the TIP I was given the same suggestion from my Mobile VOIP App carrier but as there is so many of them out there I was wondering if you can recommend one. 

I was looking for one with split tunnel option as I only need the VPN to fix this problem. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.