by WilhemA Investigator
Investigator

V Live App Not Working

When trying to use the "VLive" app on mobile data, I cannot watch videos or live broadcasts. It works on Wi-Fi but not on mobile data.

When on iPhone 7 + EE it doesn't work.

When on Galaxy S7 + EE it works.

I have asked around and it's only a problem when on iOS + EE.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: V Live App Not Working

@WilhemA  The app needs an update just like Snapchat did when it didn't work on EE but worked on other networks.   

The app on iOS is not the same app on android. Yes it looks so the same but that's it as it's a totally different api to create the app. 

What works on one network doesn't mean it will work on another so stop comparing.

The app needs an update to work on EE period. If this was an data issue your other apps would have issues and so would the majority of EE customers.  

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilhemA  Have you allowed the app to use cellular data ? Go to Settings>Mobile Data. Scrolling down to the V Live app and make sure is toggle on like this 

IMG_2422.PNG

by WilhemA Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I have done this. Everything on the app works perfectly fine except when I want to watch videos or live broadcasts. Can you test to see if it works for you? Thank you.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WilhemA,

Welcome to the EE Community.

This sounds like it could be an issue with the app itself.

Have you tried reporting it with the developer via the app store?

Thanks

James

by WilhemA Investigator
Investigator

Yes I have and they said that I should ask EE.

As I've said before, it works for a Samsung device on EE, but not on my iPhone. It also works on another Samsung device on O2 and I have asked others about this problem. It is only a problem for an Apple device on EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilhemA  It doesn't work for me also but this is not a EE issue as I have no other data related issues and all my apps work with cellular data ( do you have other data issues with other apps ? ) if there was a data issue then other apps will have issues also.  This is an app issue and how that app works on iOS. The developers need to look in to this and push out an update for this app.   This is the same sort of issue that Snapchat had on EE and it was an update from them that sorted the issue. 

by WilhemA Investigator
Investigator

So would you say it is an issue when VLIVE, iOS, and EE are all together? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilhemA  No it's an issue with the app and it needs an update to use cellular data.   This happen with Snapchat and Snapchat had to push out a up date to use cellular data as it wouldn't work for some reason every app worked perfectly it was just Snapchat. 

by WilhemA Investigator
Investigator

The app uses cellular data perfectly fine on an Android device on EE though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@WilhemA   The iOS app needs an update to use cellular data there is an issue with how this app uses cellular data.    There is nothing wrong with cellular data on EE or your other apps wouldn't work on cellular data.

by WilhemA Investigator
Investigator

I asked somebody else and they say it worked on iOS on TalkTalk but not on EE. Another also on iOS said it works on M1.

My cellular data works fine on other apps.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@WilhemA  The app needs an update just like Snapchat did when it didn't work on EE but worked on other networks.   

The app on iOS is not the same app on android. Yes it looks so the same but that's it as it's a totally different api to create the app. 

What works on one network doesn't mean it will work on another so stop comparing.

The app needs an update to work on EE period. If this was an data issue your other apps would have issues and so would the majority of EE customers.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @WilhemA 

Do contact the developer of the app and let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.