by mexi
Explorer

Using my phone in Monaco

Hi, I'm in Monaco & suddenly can't make or receive calls. France is fine I think, but every time I cross the border back to Monaco I can no longer communicate! I tried texting TRAVEL to 150 but still nothing. Pls help

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Using my phone in Monaco

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @mexi

Welcome to community 🙂

Did you activate Roaming before you went away?

Have you tried to perform a manual network search?

Please take a look at Roaming with EE – Everything you need to know about using your phone abroad post.

Are you a pay monthly personal or a pay as you go EE customer?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by MarkLiley
Explorer

Dear Sir

there has been a problem in. Monaco for some weeks.

you should be able to receive and make calls to the UK.

but not dial other countries.

go to network .

turn off auto roam

log onto Orange 

the signal varies but will allow you to call anywhere

Mdee

by MarkLiley
Explorer

There is a problem with Monaco Telecom

go onto network

turn off auto 

select Orange

not the best coverage but it will work

MDee mobile distribution

by mexi
Explorer

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. Turning off the Automatic and choosing Orange seems to have worked. Much appreciated!

by

Hello @mexi

This is great news thanks for letting us know 🙂

Hope you are having a brilliant time!

by christopherboul Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Restarting your phone does not solve the problem GrandMaster. I brought this problem to EE's attentionn over a year ago. Every time I have been in Monaco during the past 12 months I have contacted EE about this. It has still not been resolved. 😞

Valued Contributor

Dear Richard_C from EE.

I am afraid that nothing that you have written here is of any use to your customers experiencing this problem in Monaco. Please check your Customer Support logs on my case. My mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX [mod edit please don't post personal details in a public forum, thanks]

This problem has been brought to EE's attention NUMEROUS times over the past 12 months and it has still not been resolved. 

I have contacted EE Customer Service REGULARLY from Monaco and done everything that they advised.... 

Roaming is activated on my phone and used to work perfectly in Monaco. It still works perfectly in France.

A manual network search shows Orange, Bouyges etc but my EE SIM card will not connect to any network other than Monaco Telecom.

I pay in full every month and as mine is a business account it has unlimited usage in every possible country that I have to visit.

Regards,

Christopher Boulle

by

Good morning @christopherboul

Thank you for taking the time to join the EE Community 🙂

In this particular topic, the only person I engaged was a member called @mexi whom reported back that they had a resolution.

Thank you for flagging this again and offering some insight into your own personal experiences.

As we are a peer to peer and customer forum, we have no account access and can't check any account details including notes.

When you connect to Monaco Telecom, does this provide you adequate service?

Thank you for your continued and valued custom with EE.

Richard

Valued Contributor

Hello again @Richard_C

Thanks for your messages.

No, alas Monaco Telecom give EE customers NO service.

As I wrote before, I can see all the other networks, Orange etc., but cannot connect to them manually. If I try to... my phone says "No service" The only one I can connect to with my EE sim card is Monaco Telecom. This is either manually or automatically.

When I try to phone using Monaco Telecom I get the following message first in French and then in English as follows:

"Hallo Monaco Telecom informs you that your subscription doesn’t allow you to access this service.

For more information please contact your customer care service.”

Also as I said before, my subscription with EE is the fullest service you can get.. no limitations on calling abroad etc... and used to work fine in Monaco before 2016.

I also cannot receive calls when I am in Monaco. People who phone my EE number get straight through to my voicemail. And worse.. my EE voicemail does not show any voicemail messages are there until I land back at Heathrow in the UK !!

Best,

Chris

by

Hi @christopherboul

Thank you again for providing such a detailed and insightful post for the community 🙂

I noticed that you are going to be speaking with an EE representative soon regarding this?

I'm pleased to hear (Monaco excluded) that you are having no problems elsewhere.

The advice you are offering is getting taken on board and if this can help some other users in the interim, then thank you.

Richard

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @christopherboul

We're looking into this as we speak for you!

I just have one quick question....have you tried turning 4G off on your device at all?

If you're not sure how to do this let me know what phone you have and I'll let you know where to find it.

Speak soon!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon @Karen_C

Yes, I tried turning off 4G on the phone when asked to do that by EE Customer Service... .they were on the landline phone to me at the time, giving me instructions about what to try on my iPhone.

My phone is an iPhone 7 (model A1778)

Best regards,

Chris

by

Hi @christopherboul

Thank you again for getting back to us so soon 🙂

I will let @Karen_C know you have come back with this answer, apart from the problems you are having with service I hope Monaco is lovely today.

Thanks

Richard

Valued Contributor

I am in cold Oxford today 🙂

Going back to Monaco in about 10 days time.

by

Ah, I see @christopherboul

It's on my to do list of places I want to go.

It looks beautiful there

🙂

by

Hi

Can you guys please send me the following information via private message

Name:

Mobile number:

Please don't post these in public.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.