Highlighted
by laferret
Explorer

Use my 4g router to supply EE Video Pass for TV (Amazon and Netflix)

Not sure if its the right location but I can only ask.

I use a 4G router with EE simo Pay monthly contract for high speed wifi on hand held devices around the house. I have a slow (rural) Bband connection which just about manages Prime video and Netflix and the day to day computing (updates included) of my PC and laptop.

The option to upgrade to the video pass is tempting because if I understand it correctly I would not eat into my data by using the pass to view my TV services above AND I could benefit from the significantly higher speeds of 4G compared to my copper line rural BB.

Is this correct?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Use my 4g router to supply EE Video Pass for TV (Amazon and Netflix)

@laferret   The  video data pass is an eligible for 4G Wi-Fi devices it’s for tablets or phones only so you could enable it on your phone or on your tablet.   Click HERE to see the T&Cs of the offer

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE Video Data Pass is available on a 12 month SIM only phone plan only. I doubt yours is as it's likely to be a data plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@laferret   The  video data pass is an eligible for 4G Wi-Fi devices it’s for tablets or phones only so you could enable it on your phone or on your tablet.   Click HERE to see the T&Cs of the offer

by laferret
Explorer

that clears it up - thanks!

In response to the previous reply - The upgrade option I chose was for another sim only contract, not a handset upgrade.

Thanks again.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.