by Bazinga Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Update to coverage maps.

Hi

I see the coverage checker as received a make over. for 4G you just see fastest speeds, what does this mean? Double speed, or the higher speeds offered on EE 4G? 

Previously the map would colour code yelloe for double speeds and red for teh higher speed.

Leecoverageee.pngnew update map

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Update to coverage maps.

Hi @Bazinga,

The coverage checker now displays overall outdoor and indoor 4G coverage estimates, rather than breaking it down to standard and double speed 4G.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

So how would I know if its worth paying extra for the fastest speed given. not all areas support this feature? At least with the colour coded map you were able to see the area.

Lee

by

Hi @Bazinga,

Our customer service team will be happy to check this for you before you make a purchase.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Marc Allera as always been upfront about being open and honest with customers about speed and coverage. Yet EE removes a a option from the coverage map which allows you to see where double speed and fastest speeds operate. 

To be honet Im really not going to bother calling CS to ask if in Leeds this area is covered and in london is that postcode covered.Why on earth can i not do this from the comfort of my own home?

For what reason would this option be removed, it was useful.

Lee

by

Hi @Bazinga,

Thanks again for your feedback.

I'll make sure it gets to the right people.

James

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Bazinga You can use http://www.matt.qa/ee/ to check if 4G+ is in your area (Look for the 2600mhz strength)

Double speed in theory is available everywhere as EE deploy a full 20mhz 4G carrier on all of their sites. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.