by ianwilson66 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Unknown charges on Bill?

I have recently received my latest bill and notice on it that there are three lots of additional charges on it for £4.50 that appear on the bill as 'Payforit Charge'.

I spoke to a lady from EE the other day and she advised me that after checking her system that they were from a company called Tap2bill and were to do with a radio station. She then supplied me with an email address to contact them on to find out which radio station there were from.

I have since contacted tap2bill and they have advised me they have no record of these transactions against my mobile numbers. I have two numbers connected with my plan, the other being for an EE tablet.

I am now in the situation that no-one is able to tell me exactly what these charges are for and feel that if I EE are unable to do this for me to recall my transactions then these charges should be refunded.

I would appreciate a response from a member of the EE Community team on this.

Thanks

Ian Wilson 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established Contributor
Solution

Re: Unknown charges on Bill?

No I'll do it asap, take it I just text stop to the number on the bill against the charges 64055?

i'll call 150 and get them to block the premium rate numbers.

many thanks

ian 

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ianwilson66  These are  subscription charges and are only on your bill because a request for payment was against your number from payforit.  EE is only passing on the bill payment because it's against your number.  EE are not billing you for this subscription charge they are just passing it on for payforit.   

Established Contributor

Hi Chris B, 

Thanks for coming back to me but I am confused by what you have said?

Am I being charged for this or not as looking at my bill it certainly seems the case as they appear to be the reason my bill is more than usual?

If you could clarify I would be very grateful.

Regards

Ian

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you are being charged for this but not by EE directly. EE are just passing on charges you have signed up for.

What no. is against these charges in your bill?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

If you mean the mobile number, it appears against the EE tablet with the SIM ***********.

As previously advised in my original email, Tap2bill have already checked againsy this number and my mobile number and have no records against either.

What I want to know is, from whoever it maybe, for what service/website/app or whatever, these charges come from so I will be in a position to confirm it was myself who had brought on the charges and if so I will be happy to pay for them, but at this stage no-one is able to advise me of this and if that remains I will be looking for these to be refunded!

Regards

Ian

Ian

[MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal details on to a public forum]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, I don't mean your mobile no. but the no. it's said to be coming from in your bill. It might start with 7000..... That might help identify what service/website/app these originated from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Apologies.

All it says under the 'Number' column of the breakdown on the bill is three lines saying 'Payforit Charge' at £4.50 and one line saying 64055 at 0.083p, but it is the Payforit ones I am interested in. I would be happy to email you a copy of the page if you wish.

The lady I spoke to through 150 said it was through a company called Communicorp but it was Tap2bill I had to contact???

Thanks

Ian

by Grand Master
Grand Master

These will be reversed-charged texts from Premium Rate nos. you may have inadvertently subscribed to via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you but you may complain to the Premium rate regulator Phone-paid Services Authority or the firm itself. You can check out those nos. yourself on that site.

The PSA has the following information about shortcode number:

64055, Keyword - STOP

Customer care number: 0118 324 4333 
Customer care email: help@txtnation.com 
Customer care website: https://www.txtnation.com 
Search result provided by: K2 Evolution LP 
Service connected on: 11 October 2016 
Service terminated on: This service is still operating 
Name of service: Viral Flick 
Type of service: Mobile download 
Service description: Most Incredible videos on the web! Subscribe to unlimited access to the contents.  
How much does this service cost? 4.50£ per Week 

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: K2 Evolution LP

Suite 4256, Mitchell House, 5 Mitchell Street 
Edinburgh 
EH67 BD

The price is right!

You could try texting STOP to the number, but it may cost and may not work. 

You should also ask EE to block Premium Rate numbers so this doesn't happen in future.

Established Contributor

Thanks for providing the information, am I right in saying then that the 64055 number is also connected to the three £4.50 charges?

I will send an email to the contact details you provided and see if they can give me more information about exactly what website/app this is for as don't recall subscribing to anything myself which is abit worrying!!

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Established Contributor

Apologies, forgot to ask, if I contact EE about blocking a premium rate number which number will it be, is it the 64055 number as the one stated in your email is 0118 which I don't think is premium rate?

If you could just clarify it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you ask EE to block all premium rate nos. You don't want any do you?

From the evidence we have I would say the 83p (£1 incl. VAT) in your bill is a reversed charged text from premium rate no. 64055 in response to your alleged signing-up. The £4.50s are the weekly charges for the service that 64055 provides, as per that PSA info. Are those charges dated weekly?

Established Contributor

Yes they are 24 Dec, 31 Dec and 7 Jan!

I'm now wondering if there are going to be more on my next bill for the period after that...hoping not!!

regards

Ian

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you done STOP?

Have you asked EE to block Premium Rate?

If you have, there shouldn't be any more.

Established Contributor
Solution

No I'll do it asap, take it I just text stop to the number on the bill against the charges 64055?

i'll call 150 and get them to block the premium rate numbers.

many thanks

ian 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions