Highlighted
by

Unable to view/send pictures on WhatsApp unless on WiFi

Can anyone help? I can’t download/send pictures on WhatsApp unless connected to WiFi. I have tried turning content restrictions on and off then resetting phone. I have reset network settings and still hasn’t resolved the problem. My bill was £80 this month and I mainly use my phone for WhatsApp so not happy! 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to view/send pictures on WhatsApp unless on WiFi

@Lil84   Have you allowed the app to use cellular data ?  this can be found within the settings section of what’s app. 

When you did the content settings from within your EE account did you turn off the device after you turned content lock to strict but before you turned content lock off.   

content lock to strict 

turn off the device 

wait 30 seconds 

turn on the device
turn content lock off

turn off and then restart the device again.  

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Rebooting Content Lock is the usual way of fixing this sort of issue but it seems it hasn't worked for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Lil84

Thanks for posting on the community.

Can you try the steps @Chris_B has advised and see if this works this time for you?

If not, have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.