by scoombs Investigator
Investigator

Unable to gift data, I could a few weeks ago

I have a single account in my name with 4 separate numbers. All numbers show in on the app as well as on the website. They are all billed together as well.

I am only able to gift data between two of the numbers (annoyingly both have plenty of data). The message just states.

'Sorry this number is not eligible for data gifting'

I have been able to gift data between all accounts for the past year. I contacted EE yesterday (6th May) and they gave me a 1GB addon as an interim solution, but had no idea why gifting wouldn't work. 

Anyone experience the same? any ideas why this has stopped working all of a sudden?

Thanks in advance.

Scoombs

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by scoombs Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Unable to gift data, I could a few weeks ago

Thanks for the response. No bars on either account.

But........it's suddenly all working again, maybe it was just a glitch on my account? Now my daughter can have more data to communicate via snapchat and Insta rather than verbally..................great.

Thanks for the suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are any of the nos on 4GEE WiFi 30 day plans? You can't gift between those.

There is a monthly free gifting limit of 20 GB for 4 nos.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by scoombs Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply.

My bill says:

2 x EE Sim 4GB

1 x Essential Plan

1 x Max plan

It's the 2x EE Sim 4GB ones that seem to now be excluded from gifting. I've not made any changes to my account recently though.

I have only gifted 4GB in total in the last 30 days as well.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @scoombs

Are you aware of any active bars on your account?

Bars which stop the user purchasing data may affect you data gifting. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by scoombs Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Thanks for the response. No bars on either account.

But........it's suddenly all working again, maybe it was just a glitch on my account? Now my daughter can have more data to communicate via snapchat and Insta rather than verbally..................great.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.