by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Unable to access Nest app or website through EE mobile

I am trying to access my Nest account through EE mobile data on my phone (either through the app or at https://home.nest.com).

Whenever I try to connect the app/website just hangs and nothing happens. When I connect my phone to WiFi or a VPN it loads just fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer has helped you then please give kudos by clicking the KUDOS button at the bottom right of this post.
If I have solved your problem then please click "Accept Solution". My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - Android 5.1.1
16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to access Nest app or website through EE mobile

Perhaps in Certain apps not loading via smart hub some apps are playing up suddenly over both EE Home BB & EE mobile networks.

Just on the off-chance, have you checked your Content Lock is OFF?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Prodigious Contributor

Content lock is off.

looks to be related to that post possibly. Nest is hosted on AWS in us-east-1. EE appears to be having connectivity issues there

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer has helped you then please give kudos by clicking the KUDOS button at the bottom right of this post.
If I have solved your problem then please click "Accept Solution". My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - Android 5.1.1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, good point!. I've been suspecting AWS. Amazon provides Web services to Tom, **bleep** & Harry, thus making the issue so wide-ranging.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Prodigious Contributor

Yep... unable to connect to aws.amazon.com! (console is hosted in us-east-1)

by agamos
Explorer

Unable to connect to Amazon Web Services from 4GEE home router

I have had problems with connectivity for my Ring doorbell, Nest thermostat and Surepetcare pet flap since early evening today, I've also just noticed that I cannot access AWS (aws.amazon.com) or Amazon's S3 servers.  I think these IoT companies use AWS (Ring being owned by Amazon).  Can someone at EE confirm that there are network routing issues between EE and AWS and that they are being resolved?  This is a real problem for people with IoT devices.

Prodigious Contributor

Went to EE on the chat and they were less than useless. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to connect to Amazon Web Services from 4GEE home router

@agamos: Yes, there are many reports coming in concerning AWS. I'll try & get 1 of the EE staff here to look into it but it won't be till the a.m.

@James_B: In last few hours reports are piling in of unable to access certain apps & sites over both EE networks. These used to work for these users & work over other networks. To my mind the common factor would seem to be many of these sites are hosted on Amazon's AWS.

by Muzmcwill
Explorer

Nest app not connecting when using mobile data.

Nest and wemo apps not connecting when using mobile data. Nest told me they’ve had other people with the same problem all of them on the EE network. Any help appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nest app not connecting when using mobile data.

@Muzmcwill: Yes, there are many reports coming in concerning AWS hosted sites. I'll try & get 1 of the EE staff here to look into it but it won't be till the a.m.

@James_B: In last few hours reports are piling in of unable to access certain apps & sites over both EE networks. These used to work for these users & work over other networks. To my mind the common factor would seem to be many of these sites are hosted on Amazon's AWS.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @thewire247 (and @XRaySpeX).

Is it any better this morning? Could you try a reboot of the device and try again?

Thanks

Chris

by

Hi @agamos (and @XRaySpeX).

Is it any better this morning? Could you try a reboot of the device and try again?

Thanks

Chris

by

Re: Nest app not connecting when using mobile data.

Hi @Muzmcwill

Thanks

Chris

by agamos
Explorer

@Christopher_G, yes, it appears the problems have been resolved - there was no need to reboot the 4GEE router, leading to believe it was an Amazon<->EE issue as reported elsewhere.  Thanks for following up.

It's a shame EE and/or Amazon could not have highlighted this on social media or their corresponding websites - I spent most of my evening trying to understand if it was something on my network causing the problem!

Prodigious Contributor

Yes it is fine for me today.

I would like to feedback through that when I went to EE technical support chat they did not try to understand my problem and gave me generic, useless answers. I'm happy to provide a copy of the transcript.

by

Brilliant, thanks for confirming that it's working, @agamos and @thewire247.

We'll definitely take your feedback on board.

@thewire247 - If you'd like to send me the transcripts, please do so by private message and I'll feed that back to the relevant team. Just click on my profile and tap 'send message'.

Thanks all.

Chris

by RML54 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am interested in your post.  A few weeks ago (the same sort of time you reported your problem) I started getting a problem using Qustodio (a parental control app).  I cannot access https://www.qustodio.com/ nor can I use the app.  Both these worked fine up to that point.

They stilll work fine on WiFi but not on EE 4g.

In your case the problem was apparently resolved, but it is not clear to me whether it was EE's problem?  It might help me to get mine fixed if I could refer EE to yours.

If you want to read my discussion search for "qustodio".

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.