by brbaje Investigator
Investigator

Unable to VPN via tether device, returns an error stating UDP traffic is blocked

Currently unable to connect to my corporate VPN, from my tethered laptop. If I try to connect to the same VPN phone it connects successfully and I'm able to browse corporate resources.

I have disabled IP version 6, and tried both L2TP and are corporate VPN client both with no success.

I have tried Bluetooth, wireless and USB tethering all without success.

I was reading some of the previous posts related to this issue and it appears that your account can be flagged by your content filtering and block certain VPN clients.

Any support or feedback on this would be much appreciated?

Thank you in advance

Ben Bajek

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by brbaje Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Unable to VPN via tether device, returns an error stating UDP traffic is blo

Sorry all, this was caused by a local network confict with a VMware host.

Is now working.

Thank you

Ben

6 REPLIES 6
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Re: Unable to VPN via tether device, returns an error stating UDP traffic is blo

Have you turned off content filtering in your EE account (under my device section). 

My corporate VPN works and we use a UDP VPN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer has helped you then please give kudos by clicking the KUDOS button at the bottom right of this post.
If I have solved your problem then please click "Accept Solution". My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - Android 5.1.1
by brbaje Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for replaying, data content controls are set to full access within myEE

Ben

@thewire247 wrote:

Have you turned off content filtering in your EE account (under my device section). 

My corporate VPN works and we use a UDP VPN

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What device is being tethered (from)?

@brbaje wrote:

data content controls are set to full access within myEE

You mean OFF as in Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @brbaje,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you spoken to your IT department to see if they can help you get connected?

I'm not aware of any EE account settings that would prevent you from accessing a VPN.

One thing to check with them is if your VPN client support IPv6. If you are using an older version that only supports IPv4 it could be the cause of the issue.

Thanks

James

by brbaje Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Sorry all, this was caused by a local network confict with a VMware host.

Is now working.

Thank you

Ben

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem @brbaje 

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted. Smiley Happy

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.