by MLAPH Contributor
Contributor

Trouble getting 4g data to work

Over the past few month i have not been able to use 4g Mobile data in my home area.  Whilst the Staff at EE have been very supportive and have compensated me they have not been able to resolve the issue.  Last night, i spoke to Courtney in tech support who was very helpful and apologetic and is looking into the issue personally.  However today whilst out and about i get a text from EE stating click here to updgrade to the Iphone 11.  Imaging how I laughed when i followed the link on the text and was told that safari can not follow this link as there is no web connection. 

Has anyone else experienced this 4G Mobile data issue? 

9 REPLIES 9
by MLAPH Contributor
Contributor

Re: why i cant use my enternet

My Mobile data does not work - i have to do a reset everytime i want to use it

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Trouble getting 4g data to work

Hi there @MLAPH

Thanks for coming here.

I am very sorry to hear you are having these data problems.

Is Courtney getting back to you once this has been looked into?

Does this happen everywhere you go?

Leanne.

by MLAPH Contributor
Contributor

Courtney did say she was going to. It is becoming a real issue. Yesterday I could not book an Uber and today my son could not whatsapp me to be collected from college.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @MLAPH

If Courtney is looking into this I would recommend awaiting her call back. 

If you do not receive a call back or a solution, please come back and let us know so we can take a further look. 

I have my fingers crossed it's fixed soon for you,  

Katie 🙂

by MLAPH Contributor
Contributor

I have received a text stating there is no reported fault at local cell site.  However, not 10 minutes ago I could not access the BBC sport app,  I have screenshotted this to show that I am not making this stuff up.  I am not in my home postcode so clearly the issue is not related to the tower in Gospel oak lane, which is where the EE text refers to.

I hope to hear a resolution shortly

by

Hello @MLAPH

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by MLAPH Contributor
Contributor

Some text yesterday to try to talk to me but as i was out and the 4g was not working they went straight to voicemail.

rachel from EE called at 12:05 today but i am at work so could not answer.

For the record my wife and son and I were in Evesham, worcestershire yesterday, he was separated from us and none of us could hear each other so he had to walk around until he found us.  Once again wholly unacceptable.

I am getting fed up now and need someone to make me a sensible compensationary offer to stay or i will be taking my phone followed by my wife's in early 2020 to SKY who are cheaper and have a better WHICH? rating than yourselves.  

Not asking a lot just want my Smart phone to actually be SMART!!

by MLAPH Contributor
Contributor

Katie_B never heard anything - still not working i need something done about this or I will be taken my Business or another competetor.

by

Hi @MLAPH.

I'm sorry to hear this is still happening.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with our Customer Care team so they can raise an investigation ticket on your account, if this hasn't been done already.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions