by JBG14959 Investigator
Investigator

Transfer of embedded SIM mobile data accounts.

I have an EE mobile (cellular) data account set up on my iPad Pro 2nd generation with embedded SIM and wish to transfer the account with its associated 'phone number to a new Ipad Pro 2nd generation, also with embedded SIM. I have followed the procedure recommended by Apple on ther suport pages for the transfer of mobile data accounts from one embedded SIM to another but to no avail. Tha all important "transfer" button does not appear when I select EE as my carrier. EE support do not seem to understand what I am trying to achieve and do not appear to know about "embedded" SIMs. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with transfer of mobile data accounts involving embedded SIMs?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: Transfer of embedded SIM mobile data accounts.

Hi @JBG14959 and welcome to the community.

Please let me look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

Hi @JBG14959

I have just had this passed over to me from the Apple SIM team:

A customer replacing Apple SIM device with another Apple SIM Device, will need to but a data pass to download a new SIM.

They will not be allowed to transfer their old mobile number to their new subscription.

Hope this helps,

Lee

by JBG14959 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that. It would seem that I will have to buy another mobile data plan which will presumably come with a new phone number. Do Apple propose to amend the advice given on their web site: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202452 which clearly implies that an existing mobile data (cellular) plan may be transferred and sets out the procedure for so doing?

by
EE Employee

Hi @JBG14959

I will speak to the Apple SIM team in regards to this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.