by Technophobe100 Investigator
Investigator

Total Novice - new phone - £10 data pack in box - what is it/how do I use it?

I'm a total beginner. Bought an Alcatel U3 phone. In the box is a £10 Data Pack. What does it do and how do I use it? (this community thing needs instructions as well - could only find out how to post a question by sheer luck!)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Total Novice - new phone - £10 data pack in box - what is it/how do I use it

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Total Novice - new phone - £10 data pack in box - what is it/how do I use it

Investigator

Thanks for the reply Chris (if this appears - still can't work out this community thing). I read all that stuff before on the website, but might just as well have been in Japanese. I'm trying to find out what I actually DO to use it. There's a SIM card in the pack, do I take that out and put it in my phone? Does that give me internet access on my phone, or is it just basically £10 of free calls/texts and a marketing ploy to spend more money on top ups?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, put it in your phone. As that article says the £10 data pack gives you 2GB data to go on the Net, 100 mins of calls & unlimited texts for the next 30 days. When it expires you can top-up & either buy it again or choose another pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for that XRaySpex. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions