by bigtasty Investigator
Investigator

Torrent issue with Huawei 5g CPE Pro

Hello,

Took out a data contract (unlimited 5g) today and am using a CPE Pro 5g router. I'm only getting 4g speeds (200mbps), but I'm basically future proofing myself.

Having an issue with torrenting - not getting any connections. Strangely enough if I connect/tether my PC to my iphone with the same data sim - torrenting has no issues whatsoever.

I have tried forwarding a port to utorrent/qbittorrent but this does not work. Running out of idea's and slightly bugged as to why it works with the iphone tethered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by bigtasty Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Torrent issue with Huawei 5g CPE Pro

So I've managed to figure out the solution for anyone that might have the same issue in the future.

First thing I tried was a different router, a 4g only one this time. Think it was a TP-Link Archer 4g router or something similar. Everything worked perfectly using that router so I looked through the settings and saw the APN setup was slightly different. It was set to ipv4 only. I then checked the APN settings on the Huawei unit, and saw it was set to ipv6/ipv4, so I switched it to ipv4 only and voila!

Now using 4g+ as my main interent, getting 200mbps with 23 ping. Feels like i've been missing out with my 39mbs "Fibre"...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @bigtasty 

It maybe that the network has detected your illegal activity and is throttling your connection? 

It may also be the torrent client you are using. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by bigtasty Investigator
Investigator

Illegal activity? Using p2p software isn't illegal you know. It's a great way to download large files such as Ubuntu etc etc.

As I stated quite clearly, it doesn't happen if I put the sim card in my phone and tether it to the same PC, using the same torrent client, downloading the same torrent.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bigtasty 

Using utorrent/qbittorrent to download large files such as Ubuntu, wasn't that the excuse in 2005? 🙄.  When I download Ubuntu over 4G there tends to be a lag between uTorrent and my download, then again it just picks up, but I use a VPN. 

You cannot have set up the port forwarding correctly. Are you connected to 5GHz? Have you tried connecting to 4G to see what speeds you get? Have you made sure your clients are limiting your speed (under settings).

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by bigtasty Investigator
Investigator
Solution

So I've managed to figure out the solution for anyone that might have the same issue in the future.

First thing I tried was a different router, a 4g only one this time. Think it was a TP-Link Archer 4g router or something similar. Everything worked perfectly using that router so I looked through the settings and saw the APN setup was slightly different. It was set to ipv4 only. I then checked the APN settings on the Huawei unit, and saw it was set to ipv6/ipv4, so I switched it to ipv4 only and voila!

Now using 4g+ as my main interent, getting 200mbps with 23 ping. Feels like i've been missing out with my 39mbs "Fibre"...

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.