by lazyeejay
Explorer

Topping up a contract phone with data from a non account holder.

My daughter has an ee phone which is under her mother's name (we are not together). My daughter used some of her data to keep my young son amused with a video and I was very grateful so I wanted to top her data up but I'm not sure if I can purchase additional data for her phone. If someone knows a way I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Topping up a contract phone with data from a non account holder.

@lazyeejay  You will need access to her account or device to do this.  And depending on the amount of data you wish to purchase it will last from 24 hours to 7 days to 30 days but if the billing cycle starts again before the data is used up any remaining data of the data that’s purchased will be removed from the account.

To be honest it’s a very nice gesture but it’s not practical if it’s not needed on the account and you could be wasting your money in do this.

by lazyeejay
Explorer

Thanks Chris, I don't mind if the data isn't used before the billing cycle as she only gets 1gb a month, I'd rather she have a bit more than restrict herself. I don't have access to her account (as it's in her mum's name) but my daughter is staying with me for the week and she has her phone. I just asked her if she had the EE app and she said no. Does she need that or is there a generic number I can call/text to top her phone up with a bit of data. 

Thanks

Jason

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lazyeejay

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I know @Chris_B has got you well looked after.

The add-on would need requested through the app and approved by the account holder.

Unless you have home WiFi her phone can connect to?

If not, More information can be found 4GEE pay monthly add-ons help and support pages.

How to manage your add-ons

• use My EE 
  • go to add-on.co.uk on your mobile device to manage your data add-ons 
  • use the My EE app - if you don't already have it, you can download it here
  • call 150, choose option 1 and follow the instructions

For the music, games and mobile TV add-ons you'll need a compatible device.

How add-ons will appear on your bill

To find out more about how add-ons will appear on your bill visit our page My mobile bill charges explained and check out the section called Add-ons.

Terms and conditions >

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions