by SummerPhil Contributor
Contributor

Tidal streaming issue

Hi

I use "EE" as my cellular data provider for my I Phone 7, I have been having issues with Tidal music services with some tracks not been able to be streamed on the Hifi tier content

The issue is hit and miss some content works and some doesn't, I have no issue with their Master sources as well as reducing it to Normal from what I can see

Please note this is running on Cellular, no issues at all with Wireless

After many discussions with Tidal they have said that the problem lies with the EE, I have contacted EE about this but they have not been to help me, they say that there is no restrictions imposed on my account

Tidal have requested that there CDN's (Akamai/CloudFront/Fastly) are unblocked but EE have no idea what these are ?

I am assuming at least one of these CDN’s are given rise to the issue as the Hifi content is not restricted to one network I have been told

Two or three people on social media have also confirmed they are the same problem, I have tested this on 02 and Vodafone and these work fine with the same content

Has anyone come across this issue before and if so how they got around it ?

30 REPLIES 30
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Tidal streaming issue

@SummerPhil   You don’t need customer services you need 2nd or 3rd line support.  Customer services can not help with technical issues.  call back and ask to be put through to technical support. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @SummerPhil

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you give us a call on 150 our Tech Gurus can get this looked into for you.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Contributor

Hi Leanne

Unfortunate;y I have spoken to your tech support on two occasions over a period of two days but they could not assist me in getting the CDN's unblocked or finding a way to do it 

but it seems that there are a few Tidal users that are having the same issue, I have also attempted to run a  3rd party VPN but this doesn't work also

Phil

by

Thanks for coming back to us, @SummerPhil.

Is your app and phone software up to date?

Chris

Contributor

Hi Chris

Yes both are up to date, the app works fine and streaming is not an issue in general it's just that some files will not stream and Tidal have located this to be an issue with my service provider not allowing one or more of their CDN's through it's system, I have placed this issue on some hifi groups on Facebook in the UK and other users are having the same issue which are on EE. I have spoken to EE tech support a couple of times over the past week and they have not been able to resolve it

by

Does it seem to be larger files that you have a problem with, @SummerPhil? Do you have a strong 4G connection?

Chris

Contributor

Hi Chris 

Connections as you know will vary but I average 6 - 8mbps which is ample, to give you an idea Tidals sound output structure is 

Normal  = Mp3

Hifi = CD 

Master = Hi Res MQA 

I have no issue pulling the problem files as Mp3 instead of Hifi and all my Master files work on Cellular which is bigger than Hifi ?

It's a strange one but I don't think I will get to the bottom of it to be honest 

But thanks for your input 

Phil

by

I know you've mentioned that you have an iPhone 7, @SummerPhil,

Are you able to try the Tidal service on a different device, still using the EE network?

Chris

Contributor

Chris 

I do not have another device I could try on EE but I can show you my other I Phone (6) in this case but on 02 playing the same file without an issue over 4G 

https://login.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8c6a628d60656db1a0a8

by
EE Community Team

Hi @SummerPhil,

I have sent you a private message to gain further information.

Alex 🙂

by cd7 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been having exactly the same problem, did you get a resolution to this?

Thanks, Chris.

by

Hello @cd7

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you use all other apps?

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Leanne 🙂

by cd7 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne,

I'm a pay monthly user with an iPhone 8 Plus - IOS and all apps are up-to-date.

All other apps are working fine.

The Tidal app is also fine, at least it is when i'm on Wi-Fi.

I have exactly the same issue as SummerPhil, streaming over Wi-Fi works fine, but as soon as i switch to cellular data certain albums will not stream at Hi-Fi quality. 

I first noticed this problem on the 1st of August, prior to this date i experienced no problems.

Please can you investigate why we are experiencing this issue and try to find a solution.

Thanks, Chris.

by

Hi @cd7

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you get in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150, they will be able to get this looked into for you and help you further.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by cd7 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne.

I expect that will be a long and frustrating phone call trying to explain to someone there what the problem is.

Is there any way to get one of your Tech Gurus to look at this forum so they can understand the problem and then they get in touch with me?

Thanks, Chris.

by cd7 Contributor
Contributor

SummerPhil - It's been three weeks since you started this - have you had a resolution?

by

Hi @cd7

You will have a private message from me on here for further details.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Contributor

Hi Chris 

Unfortunately the tech gurus could not help me after 3 extensive discussions, the problem is can never get to talk to someone directly higher than the initial call centre, I know Tidal has confirmed it's a problem with EE as they have seen it before and tests I have done on other providers Eg 02 has shown that the Phone OS and the Tidal App is not an issue 

I have decided I cannot give anymore time to this and decided to store anymore failing "Hifi" tier tracks locally so they function 

Phil

Contributor

Leanne, 

Chris's issue just proves there is a problem with allowing Tidal's CDN's  through your systems for some reason

Unfortunately your tech gurus could not help me after 3 extensive discussions, the problem is can never get to talk to someone directly higher than the initial call centre, I know Tidal has confirmed it's a problem with EE as they have seen it before and tests I have done on other providers Eg 02 has shown that the Phone OS and the Tidal App is not an issue 

I have decided I cannot give anymore time to this and decided to store anymore failing "Hifi" tier tracks locally so they function 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions