by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

Text internet not workingI can’t send text or go on the internet without WiFi.?

For over a week I’ve been unable to send texts or go on the internet unless I’m connected to WiFi. My mobile data is on and I’ve 10gb I can use. This seem to happen when I upgraded my carrier. Is there any thing I can do to go back to normal ?

20 REPLIES 20
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Text internet not workingI can’t send text or go on the internet without WiF

Morning @Trixe72

Thanks for coming to the community.

What phone are you using?

Does this happen in all areas?

Do you get an error message when you try and send a text or use the internet?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Text internet not workingI can’t send text or go on the internet without WiF

Texts (SMS) do not use data & aren't carried over WiFi. They just use the voice network. Are you sure you don't mean Whatsapp or some other messaging system, which do use data?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

It’s an iPhone 7. It literally happens when I’m away from any WiFi spots. The message I get when the text doesn’t send, is can’t send so try again. The internet won’t load, telling me there is no internet connection but once I log on to my works WiFi it works fine even though I’ve got 4G. I’ve tried to see if there is a problem with EE in my area, which there is but my husbands on EE and is having none of these problems. 😔

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

I know text don’t use WiFi, I literally can’t use my phone when I’m away from home as nothing works. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OIC. It's not an SMS but an iMessage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Trixe72

Can I get you to try the following:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Scroll down to, then tap General.
  3. Scroll down to, then tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  5. Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, i’ll try but I won’t know if it’s worked until I go to work tonight. 

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

My brains not In gear today...I’ve turned off WiFi and sent a text to my husband which hasn’t sent so I’m guessing it didn’t work. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Trixe72

If you turn off your WIFI you can test it then 🙂

Let us know.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

Wifi is off text still pending and I’ve no internet “ the server has stopped responding” 😧 

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

Yep 😔😔

by
EE Employee

Hi @Trixe72

Did the reset work?

What happens when you pop over to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

I don’t think it worked, I couldnt message my husband or go onto the internet. The add on status just shows me much data I have left, 10gb. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Trixe72

Because the testing did not work I think I may need you to give our technical team a quick call.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

Thought I might, thanks for your help 😉

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Trixe72  Did you  perform the network reset as stated above by @Lee_H 

when try to send the message what colour is the text bubble?  Is it green or blue ?  

@XRaySpeX text messages can go over WiFi as it’s part of the WiFi calling service.  

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

All sorted, spoke to technical support and within minutes I was fixed. Once again thanks for your help 😁

by Trixe72 Contributor
Contributor

There was a service blocking my data meaning I could do nothing until it was taken off. But it sorted now, thanks 😁

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.