by Adwba9791
Visitor

T-mobile fair usage policy

Hi, I'm new to this community.

I am a T-Mobile "pay as you go" customer.  I am currently on vacation, and am wondering about the fair usage policy.  According to my smart phone I have gone through almost 2.5 Gb of data in a week (mostly from youtube videos and chatting with family).  Last time I did this a while ago I got a text informing me that I would be capped but this time there is no such text.  Is this normal?  Or have they changed the policy?  I haven't a clue.

Would be grateful for any information anyone can give, Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: T-mobile fair usage policy

Hello @Adwba9791 which unlimited plan or data booster do you have? Most T-Mobile unlimited plans & data boosters come with a fair usage limit of 3gb. 🙂

by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Profile closed, you said

@Tom222 wrote:

Hello @Adwba9791 which unlimited plan or data booster do you have? Most T-Mobile unlimited plans & data boosters come with a fair usage limit of 3gb. 🙂

Can you give a reference/ling for that statement please? (And yes, I realise you wrote unlimited plans, but are there any unlimited data boosters?)

When I look at this page on T-Mobile boosters I see that the 30-day and 6-month data-boosters come with a cap of 500MB but, curiously, the 5-day booster does not. I'm almost certain that the 6-month booster used to come with a cap on the data download but browsing (port 80) could continue after the cap had been reached. I suspect from observation that POP3 was also allowed but IMAP was blocked when the data-cap had been reached.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Haydon-Berrow no sorry it is from general knowledge as a T-Mobile customer over the years. The PAYM unlimited full monty plans came with a 3gb monthly fair usage allowance before data speeds were capped. The 6months PAYG booster has a monthly fair usage allowance of 500mb before data speeds are capped totalling 3gb over the 6months. Because the 30day booster is for a much shorter period that has been set at 500mb. I am not sure about the 5day booster I am sorry customer service may be able to confirm that information for you. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.