by RonnieB Investigator
Investigator

T-Mobile Dead Dongle

The EE complaint/feedback form doesn't work so I am putting my complaint here. The more details field is not working and saying Field not Valid.

My T-Mobile Dongle has stopped working.
I have just received a sim card from EE and was hoping I could put this into my dongle and get it connected.
It is not connecting and I would like to know how I get it connected (3G Dongle - ZTE 626).

I also saw that there was a £10 credit paid to T-mobile customers that move to EE.

Can you please direct me to a web page with connection details?
Can you activate my Sim for me with the £10 T-Mobile credit?

I am not very happy at the moment as I feel this disconnection has been handled very badly.
I struggled through to your technical support, only to be cut off when I spoke to a real person (Not Good).
I look forward to hearing how you are going to rectify my complaint. Ideally I want a working Dongle at the end of this, which is the situation I was in before the forced T-Mobile Disconnection.

I have filled in the complaint form entering "does not work" which actually worked. Perhaps someone from customer services can address my complaint? Hopefully there wont be too many people with issues with T-Mobile WiFi Dongles.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: T-Mobile Dead Dongle

@RonnieB   Is your dongle unlocked to work with a EE SIM card ?   T-Mobile and EE are 2 different networks.  

And this forum has no link to customer services as it’s a public forum. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. Do not put paras or newlines in the Complaint form's Details field & it should accept it.
  2. There is no longer a webpage for moving to EE. You need to phone them to request it. See How do I move to EE from legacy brands?
  3. Your T-M MBB device is probably locked to T-M & won't accept an EE SIM.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by RonnieB Investigator
Investigator

Dongle appears to be unlocked to EE as it does not show an IMEI - unlock Code input screen when inserted.

CS Network Registered

PS Network Registered

PS Network Detached

Sorry to post here if wrong but the EE support is terrible.

I have used this dongle as a backup for failed connection for years and if I can get it working would like to do so. 

Maybe I should cut my losses and walk away from T-Mobile EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RonnieB   Have you updated the APN settings on the device?  

by RonnieB Investigator
Investigator

These are the settings I have tried. Various combinations of IP/PPP PAP/CHAP

Capture.jpgCapture2.JPG

by RonnieB Investigator
Investigator

LoL that worked well ......two captures from the microsoft clipping tool of settings.

Does anything from EE work?

Thanks everyone for your help. It would appear that my old dongle is sunk.

I am going to give up and see this as a lucky escape from EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RonnieB.

I'd recommend trying to contact our Tech Care team again so they can look into this for you.

They will be able to make sure the SIM is registered and the device is unlocked.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions