by noddy786 Investigator
Investigator

Swann CCTV no longer accessible via 4g/3g data connection

Hi,

I have had Swann CCTV installed for a year or so now and have been able to remotely connect and view my cameras from my phone using a data connection and the Swann View Link app with no issues.

Since yesterday i can no longer connect to the cameras on a mobile data connection.  It is only EE thats affected. I have 6 users who access this and the 3 of us who are on EE can no longer access the live feed.  The other users on o2 and Three can still view with no issues.

What has changed within the EE network in the last few days that could possibly cause this? I need this resolved asap as its vital for my business that i have access to these cameras at all times.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

94 REPLIES 94
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Swann CCTV no longer accessible via 4g/3g data connection

Hi @noddy786

Thanks for choosing community 🙂

I'm not aware of anything that would have affected the service.

I would advise to please call our Technical team who may be able to help you.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

On what type of network is the CCTV installed?

Have you just moved to EE or have you always been on it?

Just a guess that it could be that EE mobile network uses IPv6. Can you get your phone to downgrade to IPv4?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by noddy786 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i have always been on EE and have been accessing the live feed via mobile data connection with no issues untill yesterday.

cctv is installed on a standard BT Infinity 2 network, with a Netgear D7800 Router. Really basic everyday config.  Nothing has been changed interms of setup and i didnt need to setup port forwarding when installing it.

I have done a few checks and noticed that the phones on EE all have a global ip of 213.xxx.xxx.xx Im not sure if this has changed as of yesterday or ive always had a global ip in that range.  However on the same phone if i connect via a VPN and get a ip of 45.xx.xxx.xx i can access the app fine and view the live feed.

Ive also checked the devices on o2 and three that do work and they also have IPs below 200 and therfore live feed works fine.

Could the issue be that EE's IP's are out of the valid IP range to gain entry to the CCTV? 

In regards ipv4 how would i carry out this change on the phone? Im using a iphone?

Thanks!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What's the next part of your IP after 213. ? Just so I can ID the network.

There should not be only a valid IP range to gain entry to the CCTV; any public IP should do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by noddy786 Investigator
Investigator

Its 213.205.198.26

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK, it's nowt special; just an EE pool of IPs called "Orange PCS GPRS Services".

by Biddy-r Investigator
Investigator

Have exactly the same issue, any chance of a resolve?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Biddy-r and welcome to the Community.

So I can try and assist, please may I know which device is it that you are using?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Biddy-r Investigator
Investigator

Iphone 6s

by
EE Employee

Hi @Biddy-r

Can you confirm if moving your device down to 3G only helps or not?

Many thanks,

Lee

by tashshep Contributor
Contributor

this is interesting i just bought the swann cctv set up yesterday.. works fine on wifi at home and anyone else's wifi but not 3g.. had it working for a short time but wont reconnect again.. using iphone 6s too.. swann say it's an issue with ee.. 

by tashshep Contributor
Contributor

waiting for a email from ee now with some settings to try.. i'll let you know 👍

by
EE Employee

Do let us know how you get on @tashshep

Many thanks,

Lee

by Biddy-r Investigator
Investigator

Iphone 6S 3G & 4G on EE same, won't work. When in any wifi does.

I have another iPhone 6s in vodaphone that works fine in 3G & 4G also if I tether my EE to the vodaphone will work. 

Basically works via any wifi or network other than EE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Biddy-r wrote:

Basically works via any wifi or network other than EE

When you say "works" you mean you can connect to the CCTV from any  network other than EE, the CCTV itself running on your BB LAN at home?

by Biddy-r Investigator
Investigator

Yes

by Grand Master
Grand Master

My guess is it'll be EE's IPv6.

Try doing what this user did: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4G-and-mobile-data/Problems-since-IPv6-upgrade-IPv4-DHCP-failing/m-p/5... .

by Biddy-r Investigator
Investigator

Thanks but don't see how I can set this on an iPhone 6s IOS device?

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Biddy-r

I've read through the posts and one quick question do you know if there's been any update to the app?

Also are all the users on EE that are having problems using iPhone's?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.