by ronswold Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Supposed to have 5gb data

Supposed to have 5gb data boost on my mobile plan because I also have unlimited broadband with EE

Last month I had to buy more data on mobile plan because I exceeded 500mb

Checked plan which shows only  500mb data

Can't understand why

ronswold

't

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Supposed to have 5gb data

When did you sign-up for BB? Did you have the mobile contract at that time?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @ronsworld

Thanks for posting.

If you can let us know the answers to the above questions, we will see what we can do to help 🙂

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Established Contributor

Hello Leanne

I signed up for EE Broadband in October 2013 and upgraded to fibre in August 2016

I signed up for EE Mobile plan in June 2015

Hope you can help

by

Hi @ronswold,

Did you have the 5GB added when you upgraded to Fibre?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ronswold: The Boost is available to new & upgrading BB custs who have a mobile contract at the time of joining or upgrading their BB contract.

So you are eligible for the Boost as you did have a mobile contract in Aug. 2016 at the time you upgraded your BB.

Did you supply your mobile no. when you upgraded?

You should get the Boost & I would call EE to make sure you do.

(Sorry, I've changed my mind on this Smiley Embarassed)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

XRaySpeX i appreciate the change of mind!

I don't think i supplied my mobile number when i upgraded and my mobile plan still shows 500MB of Data but i feel the upgrade should have automatically triggered the Data Boost on my mobile plan.

The reason I ran out of data last month was because my Samsung A5 mobile keeps dropping the wifi connection and transfers to 4G until I restart the mobile and I don't know whether there is a problem with the router or a fault in the phone.Do you have any ideas how I can track down the fault?

In the meantime I will contact EE and ask them to activate the Data Boost so that i don't run out again this month

I will appreciate any help you can give

ronswold

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I really meant I was wrong 1st time Smiley Embarassed.

W/out your mobile no. how would they know you were a mobile cust? EE keeps mobile & BB separate generally.

Good luck!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ronswold wrote:

my Samsung A5 mobile keeps dropping the wifi connection and transfers to 4G until I restart the mobile and I don't know whether there is a problem with the router or a fault in the phone.Do you have any ideas how I can track down the fault?

Wireless can be unreliable.

If you would like to raise the issue in the BB forum I can look into it.

by

Hi @ronsworld

I hope you get the resolution you are looking for.

The best bet would be to firstly call customer services to look at your data boost (if eligible)

Then take up @XRaySpeX offer and post in the Broadband forum on wireless.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.