by Chloebry97 Investigator
Investigator

Some of my apps don't work i.e. Twitter when using my 3G/4G internet..why?help!

Does anyone know why my twitter and Instagram doesn't work when using the internet I pay for? They only work when I'm connected to wifi which is really frustrating!! I have tried deleting the apps and reinstalling and resetting the phone and yet still they don't work without wifi! 

9 REPLIES 9
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Some of my apps don't work i.e. Twitter when using my 3G/4G internet..why?he

Have you spoken to the app developers as if the other apps work on data then it could be down to the apps itself.

Have you tried clearing the apps cache to see if that helps.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Re: Some of my apps don't work i.e. Twitter when using my 3G/4G internet..why?he

It has been like this for months now, and how do I clear the catche? Thanks for getting in touch 🙂
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What device do you have?

Investigator

iPhone 6s!
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Ah don't have an iPhone so don't know their settings.

@Chris_B will be able to help you here. Hopefully he'll be in touch soon.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chloebry97  Have you tried a network reset on the device? It’s under Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  You will need to put your WiFi passwords back on the device after this.   But first have you made sure the apps can use cellular data ?   Look in Settings>Mobile Data 

Investigator

I have just tried both and neither have worked😖 thank you for getting in touch!
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chloebry97

Thanks for coming here and trying this.

What happens when you try and access them?

Also is your software up to date?

To check go into Settings > General > Software Update.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you checked to make sure the adult filter is off?

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.