by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Some feedback to EE on marketing

I started a pay-monthly Mobile Broadband account with EE a bit over 2 years ago when an offer of 15GB for £15 was available; the normal price was £20. I've recently transfered to '3' and I want to explain why.

 

Firstly, the service on EE is very good. This forum is very helpful and EE has been generous, I was given a free Osprey when I provided some feedback on a fault.

 

On the other hand, EE's marketing is strange. I'm moving to '3' because they offer a far-better deal (40GB for the same price) and when I rang EE to finish my contract after 2 years and a few months the person I spoke to said that they would have doubled it to 30GB for the same price if I had asked. Sadly, it was too late.

 

I think that EE have made a mistake here with their marketing of mobile broadband. I can just about understand why they provide as litle as they can get away with for the price on ordinary phone contracts, because they will get warning if people want to leave when the customer asks for a transfer of their number. Mobile broadband is different because there is no reason to keep the number; customers like myself will just get a new sim card with a new contract and put it in the wifi device.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Some feedback to EE on marketing

You say you' just get a new aim with new contract. But why?

 

Why would you not upgrade?


BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Some feedback to EE on marketing

Hi @Haydon-Berrow,

 

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear you have had to move to a new provider.

 

As @BrendonH said, you can upgrade your 4GEE mobile plan in the same manner as a phone plan.

 

James

by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Some feedback to EE on marketing


@BrendonHwrote:

You say you' just get a new aim with new contract. But why?

 

Why would you not upgrade?


Because when I looked at the price of an upgrade, it cost more. The pleasant person from EE said more GBs were avilable for the same price if I had asked, but looking at the website didn't advertise this.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: Some feedback to EE on marketing


@Haydon-Berrowwrote:

@BrendonHwrote:

You say you' just get a new aim with new contract. But why?

 

Why would you not upgrade?


Because when I looked at the price of an upgrade, it cost more. The pleasant person from EE said more GBs were avilable for the same price if I had asked, but looking at the website didn't advertise this.


I agree with you. There seems very little effort to keep customers by EE. I was in a similar position to you. Three offered me 40Gb for £20 per month including a router over twelve months. There was nothing to match this on EE's website and when I called to cancel they were more interested in selling me EE broadband (which we already have!). 

 

I also have a handset with EE and when I called about another matter, they wanted to sell me a  32Gb mobile broadband SIM for £15 a month on a 30 day contract.

 

There has always been a bit of marketing muddle at EE. A few years ago there was a long term T-Mobile 3G issue in this area. Not much they could do because it was a site landlord issue.

 

T-Mobile suggested I change to EE as the 4G signal is much better. At the time you could do this but needed to go to a plan which was more per month. I thought about this but when I went back to them they said No, the policies changed you can only do this when you upgrade so it's going to cost you £350! I complained and eventually was escalated to someone who told me not only could I change to EE but there was a discount of £1.00 per month for doing so. The option was there all along just no-one seemed to know about it!

 

I think EE need to consider simplifying tariffs which should allow them to make them more competitive.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Some feedback to EE on marketing


@Haydon-Berrowwrote:

@BrendonHwrote:

You say you' just get a new aim with new contract. But why?

 

Why would you not upgrade?


Because when I looked at the price of an upgrade, it cost more. The pleasant person from EE said more GBs were avilable for the same price if I had asked, but looking at the website didn't advertise this.


With any network you always get the best deals by ringing up and speaking to someone.


BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.