by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

Snapchat and WhatsApp not working on mobile data only works on wifi. Any ideas

Snapchat and WhatsApp not working on mobile data. Only works when on wifi. Stopped working randomly in June 2016 it's now April 2017 and strangely started working for a week now it has stopped working again. 

I have had a new sim and iPhone so not the issue there have also done full resets of device and network settings and all up to date on software. Also deleted the said apps and downloaded again still no joy. 

When phoned EE they denied it was then and said it had to be a device problem. 

Please someone help!!!

31 REPLIES 31
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Snapchat and WhatsApp not working on mobile data only works on wifi. Any ide

@Phildab1  Do your other apps work on cellular data ?  If they do it's not a data a issue or device issue.  

The last time this happened to snapchat is was a Snapchat issue.   

Whet device is it.  

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Snapchat and WhatsApp not working on mobile data only works on wifi. Any ide

iPhone 6 

all other apps Facebook twitter Instagram work completely fine just Snapchat won't load at all and WhatsApp works but can't send or receive media files pictures videos or voice notes 

as I say I've had a new phone and sim so not entirely sure on the problem 

and why would it suddenly work for a week then stop working again

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Phildab1  In WhatsApp you have to enabled data usage 

IMG_2280.PNG

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

I have all set to wifi and cellular but still won't download the image/video 

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

What about the Snapchat issues anyone know about this?

i also used to have a betting app and that wouldn't work could it be a location service issue?

i have contacted EE and no restrictions are in place so don't see why wouldn't work after having new sim and new phone surly this is a EE problem 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phildab1,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you reported these issues with Snapchat/WhatsApp?

Thanks

James

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi james

I tried to contact Snapchat but no response and link for troubleshooting wasn't great

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phildab1,

If you follow the troubleshooting guide at support.snapchat.com/en-US/i-need-help it will ask for your contact details at the end.

After filling this out they will investigate your issue.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Phildab1  And at present your the only one reporting an issue with this, If it was a network issue wouldn't there be more users with this issue.  

by Biz88 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Have you tried reinstalling the apps??

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been present since June 2016 then magically worked last week for 5days I heave changed nothing why would this be? 

I see this being a network problem as have done the following 

got it a new iphone

got a new sim

deleted and reinstalled apps

reset network settings

updated all updates

tried sim in other device (not iPhone) sill didn't work

checked with EE and no restrictions in place 

what else can I try?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Phildab1  My daughter uses Snapchat just fine over cellular data.  try logging out of Snapchat then do a network reset and then log back in to Snapchat. 

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi chris

thanks for the idea I jut tried this but did not work unfortunately 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Phildab1

Can I get you to turn off 4G and use a 3G connection to see if that helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi lee

just tried this and still no luck 

any more sugestions? 

This is is really frustrating 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Phildab1

Let me look into this one for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

Lee 

thanks please let me know 

phil

by Profile closed
Not applicable

by Phildab1 Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's disabled even if it was enabled how come my Facebook still works along with Instagram. But still no Snapchat or media items on WhatsApp 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.