by Sapphirez50
Explorer

Snapchat and Facebook apps not working on 3G (iPhone 5s)

Hi,

Recently, the Snapchat and FaceBook apps have not been working on my 3G network. All other apps work on both WiFi and 3G on my iPhone 5s. I have the most recent update of iOS. I am a T-mobile, PAYG customer using the 6MONTHWEB booster pack. I have made sure to enable mobile data for both apps in the Settings. I have also updated both apps, reinstalled both apps many times, restarted my phone, reset my network settings but nothing seems to work. Please help.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Snapchat and Facebook apps not working on 3G (iPhone 5s)

Hi @Sapphirez50. it could be the content lock, if these type of apps are not working but others are.

Have a read of this and see if it helps.

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard#tmobile

9 REPLIES 9
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @Sapphirez50. it could be the content lock, if these type of apps are not working but others are.

Have a read of this and see if it helps.

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard#tmobile

by Sapphirez50
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response! Will go into my local EE store tomorrow morning.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sapphirez50  If these apps where working and are now not working have you checked to see if there is an update for these apps, this will not be content lock as my daughter is 15 years and I've not turned off content lock on her account as snapchat and facebook still work.  by any chance have you turned off mobile date for these apps,   go to Setting>Mobile Data and scroll down to see if mobile data is enable for these apps

by Sapphirez50
Explorer

These apps were always working, ever since I got the iPhone. They stopped working today in the morning. I did all the steps I wrote in my first post, but nothing works. My Google searches have pointed to it being content lock, but it seems like the only option I have left to try. I have enabled mobile data for these apps. Reinstalled them. Updated them to their latest version. Still nothing. Other apps, like Instagram, WhatsApp and Twitter all work, except Facebook and Snapchat. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Can you get to https://facebook.com via a browser on 3G?

You'd expect content lock to redirect to a page explaining why it's blocked, if it is indeed content lock doing it.

by Sapphirez50
Explorer

Did this just minutes ago and content lock did appear. In fact, a lot of websites that I searched on my Safari were blocked on my 3G due to content lock from T-mobile. I have just talked to someone on live chat asking for content lock to be removed, once I restarted my phone, I launched the Snapchat and Facebook apps and they worked! Thanks a lot for helping.

Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sapphirez50  Just to point out snapchat is not an age restricted app,  and EE don't monitor what apps your using as its only data and EE only content lock websites.  

by Sapphirez50
Explorer

I've pretty much always had some websites be affected by content lock on my iPhone ever since I joined T-mobile. Never bothered me much until today when it started to affect the Snapchat and Facebook apps. I just find it so strange that these two apps suddenly stopped working over 3G, until content lock was removed completely. Thanks for your help on the issue.

by
EE Employee

Happy to hear it's all sorted @Sapphirez50

Have a lovely day! 

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.