by Solcom2017 Contributor
Contributor

Slow 4g speeds

I have an ipad pro and an iphone7 and due to broadband issue at home im having to use them at home in the centre of ipswich with 5 bar 4g signal. Have been doing speed tests every few hours on both devices as ive been struggling with simple things like downloading a pdf file!

my speeds range from 0.1mbs to 1.8mbs which to me is ridiculously slow. Have contacted ee business support on several occasions who always blame my devices and have done every kind of refresh and reset and reboot they have asked with no difference.

ive even done a full factory reset on the ipad and set up with new apple id and still its rubbish!

im beginning to think that this is a network issue and it doesnt really matter what the signsl looks like as its all smoke mirrors and bull**bleep**😡

anybody got any ideas?

paul

20 REPLIES 20
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Slow 4g speeds

Where is the full postcode of where it's happening so we can look into the network layout in the area? 

Contributor

IP4 1BS

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Solcom2017

The 4G in the area shows as 'Excellent coverage for outdoor and indoor usage' on our coverage checker.

It may be worth reporting this on our network status checker so that our technical support team can look into it for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Contributor

Have reported it on network checker and about 15 times to business support

by

Thanks for reporting it, @Solcom2017.

Fingers crossed it's working fully soon.

Chris

Contributor

Cheers Chris,

only noticed the issue because broadband is down but have tried it in various places within 100m of my flat over last 3 days and it gets no better on either device unless i switch the 4g off

3g is a better but still only 5-7mbs at best but i pay a lot of money for a 3 device business account thats pretty useless to be honest. My partners iphone5 with an o2 PAYG sim has speeds of 40-70mbs in the same place

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

An iPhone 5 cannot do B20 LTE so I am struggling to see how it's technically possible for your partner's device to get over 38mbps in that location.

Contributor

Sorry its an iphone6🙄

she always manages to liberate my old phones everytime i upgrade

Contributor

And just too add insult to injury im now a victim of the no caller id issue on all incoming calls😠

by
EE Employee

Hi @Solocom2017

Sorry about the inconvenience.

We have a known caller id issue affecting some customers, our support teams are working on a fix currently.

Many thanks,

Lee 

Contributor

all adds to my list of constant logged issues and problems☹️

Contributor

Well ive now been out and bought myself a new samsung tablet and a new EE 4g data sim just for the purpose of disproving ee’s claims that its my phone/tablet/area/ houses fault that there network is completely not fit for purpose and not what they sold me on my contract😡 and guess what its 0.09 down and 1.2 up.

this is totally unsatisfactory as im paying £100 a month for this business contract and its a total waste of time and money

my signal is 4/5 bar 4G on all devices!

by

Hi @Solcom2017,

I can see your fault report has been logged and it's currently under investigation.

We'll keep you updated.

Thanks

James

Contributor

No disrespect James but the fact that its logged means nothing as all the other problems ive had over last 12 months with this contract have been logged but none have ever been resolved.

have been reporting the “call failure” issue with my iphone7 for 10 months and still it happens on 50% of calls over 3 mins in multiple areas but all i get is buck passing and told to drive 140 mile round trip to an apple store🙄

by

Hi @Solcom2017,

Your fault report will be fully investigated by our networks team, but if you would like further information please get in touch with customer services and our technical team will be happy to take a look at it for you.

Thanks

James

Contributor

Good news is i got a text this morning saying all fixed now and got a speedtest result of 45mbs😬

Bad news its now back down too 1.2mbs😡

several more hours on the phone it is then😐

by

That's odd @Solcom2017

It seems to be an intermittent issue.

Definitely one to report to the technical team.

Let us know how you get on.

James

by Unhappycustome
Explorer

I have noitice a big drop in the last 2 weeks in different locations i would be on youtube and it just spins spins stops satrts stops starts, I also have notifications messages as i selected three post code areas with no or weak signal and keep getting these messages saying that EE are working on them 6 mouths now  but still bad!! it,s just damn right annoying as early in the morning my phone is going off whats the piont of it all when nothing is get done i would love to take the post codes off but it's been removed from the app. i will start to use my maps  from now on in different locations screen shotting to show some of the bad areas and post tem for every one to see.

by

Hi @Unhappycustome

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are having signal/network problems.

Have you looked at our network status checker where you can look up planned maintenance and known problems in your area.

In that tool, you can flag this to us and register for My Places.

My Places is a feature in our EE Network Status Checker, which allows you to register up to five different postcodes and receive automatic text or email updates, for mobile network problems and any future planned works affecting your area.

Here is how you do that, from our How to register for My Place updates-EE Network Status Checker support article.

If you've reported this previously, then please speak to our technical team and they will help you.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.