by Blackbauer81 Investigator
Investigator

Slow 4G London

Right, i hope this helps a lot of you, but if you have noticed your apps and general browsing being really slow this may be cos of an issue in your area. I live in SW8 and my 4g has been SLOW since June. So i finally called up and they confirmed there has been an issue in my area for ages!! This doesnt just happen in my home postcode but most places in central, SE and the city of london. So i urge you all to check this out as you will be entitled to a hefty credit off your bill. Maybe the 5g rollout has borked the 4g in London?

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Slow 4G London

Hello there @Blackbauer81

Welcome to the community.

The rollout of our 5G network will not have a negative effect on 4G speeds. 5G adds a different layer to our network, to provide more capacity in the busiest parts of the UK’s busiest cities.

Have you reported the problem areas on our Network Status Checker?

We will be able to get this looked into for any area that you are having slow 4G speeds.

If this is happening in every area you visit, do you know if anyone else is experiencing slow data speeds?

Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne, 

Yes I've logged this and yes it's been confirmed that there is a long standing issue in my home area. However that doesn't explain how my 4g is slow everywhere I go in London. 

I have 4 lines with you (mum, dad and daughter) and they all have the same. (different parts of London)..

The reason for my post is to make others aware 

by

Hi @Blackbauer81

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have you also reported the areas away from home, that you have slow 4G speeds?

Leanne.

Investigator

Hey. 

Yep. All I was told was to take note. I'm sure you can appreciate I can't always remember to take note of everywhere I go when I'm working! Though I can note all the places I go and it's slow everywhere. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

by

Hi @Blackbauer81

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions