by Profile closed
Not applicable

Sim only contract upgrade mid term

I am in the process of choosing a SIM only contract to move away from Landline Broadband. I've had/have a pending/cooling off unlimited ADSL contract so I feel that I've been taking the amount of data I can eat, unlimited, a bit for granted.

I am trying to find the best deal + flexibilty because I have a 4g router with a sim slot. At the moment I am eye-ing up the 12Gb Unlim Unlim deal but I am not sure if 12Gb a month will suffice. I know Windows updates require 3-4Gb and I sometimes upgrade Ableton otw. This could be reduced to web updates only but I like to have the lastest full version to hand. 

Question....If 12Gb turns off to be insufficient, I am a Soundcloud artist, can I upgrade to the 30Gb plan once I have the 12 month contract in force? I figure that EE would be more than happy to be getting more money from me. Would the contract restart at 0, if allowed?

Clearly, the difference between the 12Gb and 30Gb plans is too much. Somewhere mid way between the two (24Gb for example) would make choosing  a lot easier because I think 12 isn't enough and 30 is too much. I totalled up one month's use recently and found I had used 18Gb. This was smashing the internet with uncompressed wav file uploads though. Yes, around 20Gb allowance would be the ideal I think but not available.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Sim only contract upgrade mid term

Yes you can upgrade after 3 months I believe

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you've been using ADSL BB you will have passed your cooling-off period by now.

12 GB pm will not be sufficient even for 1 modern Windows PC. Which Windows is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that I have already passed my cooling off period? But anyway, the ADSL BB package is in pending state and due to start on the 21st but that isn't relevant, neither is the Windows version because I don't know of any other version that downloads a full copy of the operating system files every update...do you? Not like the good ol' days when we could "update" windows when we wanted and not have to reinstall it eachtime like now. No words of wisdom about MS Windows please, I was IT support for 20 years when it was Windows 3.1 in 1997.

The only information I really required was whether I could upgrade from a 12Gb unlim unlim Sim contract to a 30Gb unlim unlim Sim contract if I found that I was internet-less because I'd eaten the data all up too quickly.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

thanks Brendon.

I'm almost certain that 12Gb will not be enough but I wasn't keen on the price of the 30Gb plan because the whole point is to try and save money not pay more, seeing as I've bought the router. I really am being a tight ar$£ but at least I'd only be tied into the 12 or 30Gb package for 12 months instead of the less palatable 18 months for the ADSL

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Upgrading to a larger data allowance doesn't normally start you on a new contract term either.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.