by glospete Contributor
Contributor

Sim-Only Upgrade

Hi, newbie here! Nice to join this community. 

I currently have a 32GB SIM only 4G Home Broadband contract. After years of 1.5Mbps download speeds with TalkTalk, this 4G is a revelation here in deepest Devon. Now I'm getting over 40Mbps speeds! But of course it is not unlimited and I think that I'll struggle with 32GB per month. My installer told me that a number of his customers are on a 64GB EE package at £29 per month and I've seen that in previous searches on the internet but they date back to June 2016. My question is what is the current best deal people are getting for 64GB? 

Thanks for your help,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Sim-Only Upgrade

Hello @glospete the 64gb @ £29pm was a limited time deal EE offered last year and is not available anymore I am sorry. Currently the highest SIM only data plan you can get is 32gb as seen in this link. :):

http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-data

Have you used up your monthly allowance yet? I have had the 32gb SIM only in a 4GEE Home Router for a few months now and it is surprising how far it stretches. Usually have some spare left at the end of the month with two users running off it. 🙂
13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE don't list a 64GB SIM. The best they do is the 32GB SIM for £29 pm. See Pay Monthly . Dunno where your installer gets his info.

EDIT Ah, found 64GB for £61 pm in Pay Monthly Mobile Broadband SIM Only Price Guide , out of all proportion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by glospete Contributor
Contributor

Yes I've seen the £61 but as you say it is not even in proportion as it is more than twice the price of a 32GB card! I have evidence that as late as June 2016 EE were offering 64GB for £29 a month - same as current 32GB so I just wondered who out there is getting a much better deal on 64GB? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Dunno where you can get a 64GB deal but if you buy a 4GEE WiFi Mini from Mobile BB Offers before 30 Jan you can use its SIM for 32GB @ £21.60 pm, cheaper than you are paying at the mo'.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by glospete Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I don't think EE will wear me changing my monthly contract to that deal! But I'm surprised no-one out there is on a 64GB monthly contract taken out in June at £28. It was an EE deal shown on various sites:

EE deal on 64GB SIM only deal

EE deal shown on digital spy

but in the absence of any better deal I guess I'll just have to pay the £15 add-on for 10GB. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, EE Live Chat says they don't do 64GB.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @glospete the 64gb @ £29pm was a limited time deal EE offered last year and is not available anymore I am sorry. Currently the highest SIM only data plan you can get is 32gb as seen in this link. :):

http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-data

Have you used up your monthly allowance yet? I have had the 32gb SIM only in a 4GEE Home Router for a few months now and it is surprising how far it stretches. Usually have some spare left at the end of the month with two users running off it. 🙂
by glospete Contributor
Contributor

I have only just begun using EE 4G Home Broadband and it may well be that 32GB per month is enough. But when I read about the 64GB deal at the same price I'm paying for 32GB well ........

Thanks to all for your help. I'll keep my eyes open for any future deals. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @glospete I am sorry for the delayed response I missed the notification. Let me know how you get on with your 32gb plan after you have used it for a bit if you have the time hopefully it should be enough for you. 🙂
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@glospete Are you on a 30 day contract? I'm not sure if it matters or not, but if you go over 32GB a month and buy additional data add-ons each month as a result, you may find that after a few months you get an exisiting customer offer text for the 64GB deal as long as you switch to a 12 month contract. That's what happened to me anyway...

Good luck. 

by glospete Contributor
Contributor

I'm still using my previous provider TalkTalk for some downloads but with 7 days to go until the new billing period I have 6.2GB left, so 32GB will be about enough at the moment. But when I heard that some people were on 64GB monthly deals for the same price I'm paying for 32GB .......!!! 

by glospete Contributor
Contributor

@GrahamR wrote:

@glospete Are you on a 30 day contract? I'm not sure if it matters or not, but if you go over 32GB a month and buy additional data add-ons each month as a result, you may find that after a few months you get an exisiting customer offer text for the 64GB deal as long as you switch to a 12 month contract. That's what happened to me anyway...

Good luck. 

No I'm on a 12 month SIM only contract - they wanted to tie me to a 24 month contract with "free" router but I didn't want/need the EE router so they relented and I got a 12 month contract. That's an interesting scenario about how they came to offer you a 64GB deal. If you don't mind me asking what do you pay for it? I'm paying £26 for my 32GB contract - it was £29 less the automatic 10% discount because we have our mobile phones with EE also. 

by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@glospete They might make you a similar offer to increase data with the carrot of a 24 month contract in the future I would imagine. I pay a bit less than you for my package, but that's a combination of luck (original deal was cracking to begin with) and the later offer to double my data in exchange for a 12 month contract. Plus, discounts for also holding other EE contracts.

by glospete Contributor
Contributor

Let's see whether they do make an offer! I'm going to struggle with 32GB per month. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.