Highlighted
by IBGrizzly Investigator
Investigator

Signal downturn

Is there any reason why the EE coverage and 4G strength appears to have fallen off a cliff across Northern Ireland this week?

Is this linked to the 5G rollout and if so can we expect it to come back up?

I used to get full bars 4G on my home router, but this week it flips between 1 bar and no signal.

I switched my mobile from O2 this week as well in anticipation of better coverage only to discover it is almost non existent. This is across BT35, BT34, BT60, BT30 and the Belfast postcodes!

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Signal downturn

Have you checked the Network Status Checker there & logged the problem?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have done this already, but no reply received after a couple of days.

The checker says BT60 recently had work completed, but there is clearly a fault right across the grid. Coverage used to be amazing now it’s patchy at best 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@IBGrizzly , if you sign up to receive text messages when there is a problem near you, EE will let you know, and keep you informed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @IBGrizzly.

Are you aware of anyone else on EE getting the same problems?

Can you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Jon

Investigator

It’s definitely not my SIM as it is the same in my home 4gee router and my wife’s phone also.

by

Hi @IBGrizzly,

As you are experiencing this issue across multiple areas, I would recommend contacting our Customer Care Team so our Tech Gurus can take a detailed look at your device's performance.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi James

I will do that, but as I said, it is not specific to my handset.  I noticed it first with the drop off in the 4gee router and it is my wife’s handset also.  Only this week, which is why I wondered had the 5G rollout had some effect.

John

Investigator

835CE7DE-D9BA-4315-AACE-65006681F5B9.jpeg“No Service”

by

Hi there @IBGrizzly

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you give us a call we will be able to get the area looked into and give you further information.

You can check 5G coverage roll out plans by visiting the 5G hub > 

And check existing coverage by visiting our mobile coverage checker >

Thanks.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.