by TomHill Contributor
Contributor

Signal disparity

Hi,

My wife and I are on EE, (myself from Orange, herself, T Mobile if that matters..) She has a OnePlus 5, myself the much older OnePlus One, we're on SIM only contracts.

She's always complaining of data poor signal, and when I look at her phone and mine for comparision in the same location/time, I'll typically have an LTE connection, where she only has E[dge].

Does she need a sim update or config changes to let her phone use all of the bands or somthing along those lines?

I tried speaking with support but didn't get very far.

Thanks,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Signal disparity

Hello @TomHill

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today on the Community. Smiley Happy

Before I offer some advise, could you confrim you are both with EE with 4G plans and neither of you are on Orange or T-Mobile?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @TomHill

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today on the Community. Smiley Happy

Before I offer some advise, could you confrim you are both with EE with 4G plans and neither of you are on Orange or T-Mobile?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TomHill wrote:

(myself from Orange, herself, T Mobile if that matters..)

Does "from" mean you both came from Orange or T-Mobile respectively to be now on EE? Or are you saying you are both still on Orange or T-Mobile now?

If the latter neither of you will be able to get 4G (LTE).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @TomHill

In addition to the comments by @Inyourbox and @XRaySpeX, both devices have different hardware/radio/antenna so comparing them both is pointless as both will receive the same service differently.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by TomHill Contributor
Contributor

OK, that was far simplier than I had anticipated!

Turns out she is still on T-Mobile. I didn't even know such a thing existed!

I guess she'll need to upgrade to an EE plan with 4G.

Thank you!

by TomHill Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Northerner,

I agree that there will of course be differences, but I wouldn't call it pointless. Generally speaking you would hope that a OnePlus 5 would be able to recieve 4G in the same location that a OnePlus One could... assuming the contract/SIM allowed for that mind which seems to be the real issue at play here.

Thanks for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TomHill wrote:

Hi @Northerner,

I agree that there will of course be differences, but I wouldn't call it pointless. Generally speaking you would hope that a OnePlus 5 would be able to recieve 4G in the same location that a OnePlus One could... assuming the contract/SIM allowed for that mind which seems to be the real issue at play here.

Thanks for your help.

@TomHill

Even if they both receive 4G (which isn't the case from your above post) then they would still potentially show different results for signal strength/quality because of the hardware and software differences. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by TomHill Contributor
Contributor

I agree.. but roughly speaking.. they both support bands 3 and 7.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.