by 1irishninja Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Signal box does not work if 2g/3g/4g auto selected?

Is there a workaround for this? Basically on my phone if 2g/3g/4g Auto is selected the phone sits without signal, it does not detect the signal box giving out 3G signal, its only when I go in and select 3G will I get full signal from the signal box.  Happens on both my S7E and wifes 6s iPhone.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Signal box does not work if 2g/3g/4g auto selected?

Hi, 

When you say doesn't receive a signal, does your phone show the 4G icon but no bars? Your phone will always seek out the strongest connection so even a weak 4G signal will show rather than 3G. This doesn't mean it's not connected to the signal box when needed.

Unfortunately these devices are not perfect. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by 1irishninja Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes I have a 4G signal with 1 bar or less, it seems to prefer that over a full 3g signal from the signalbox

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@1irishninja  Your device will show the better signal and that’s 4G even if it’s 1 bar of 4G but your device might be picking up 5 bars of 3G.  

4G beats 3G no matter how strong the signal is but your device is still picking up 3G even though it doesn’t show.  But if your getting 4G  it will use this over 3G.  

And if your contract customers can you not just use the wifi calling service?  Your wife’s 6s most definitely can.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

If you can receive a 4G signal you don't need a signal box. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions